JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JonesInLondon (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via ICQ to JonesInLondon
English/Chinese (Mandarin/Cantonese) <=> Japanese - 05-29-2010, 03:57 AM

As a native Hongkongese, Cantonese is my mother tongue. At part-time workplace (London China Town), I have learned and been using Mandarin there for a few years as well (In fact, all English, Cantonese and Mandarin are useful in that environment anyway =P).

Since I've been studying in London for 3 years and then working there as an assistant manager in a hostel (talking in only English with travelers and colleagues all day long!) for another 3 years, my English is pretty fluent (may be JUST not as native as locals). As a side note, I've scored 7.5 in IELTS, so it should give a general idea of what you can expect, either conversational or written.

And as the title stated, I wish to learn Japanese and can exchange with English and/or Cantonese+/Mandarin. Not only just basic conversational Japanese, but I actually want to learn proper Japanese, both in speaking and written terms. And in return, I will try my very best in providing all the necessary support (setting up notes for extra learning, exercises for practice, etc.) on top of conversational practice if you want to learn another language from the basics (and I can guarantee you can learn the language properly, without any kind of grammatical error).

If anyone is interested in learning English or Chinese, please feel free to contact here or via email: jones.london@gmail.com . (In case if you are also in London, I'll be more than glad if there's a chance to get some face-to-face learning exchange and practice. Any Starbucks or Costa will do)

P.S. A lot may wonder why I just don't go straight for proper classes, and the reason for that is I have 2 full-time jobs, which basically means I CANNOT attend classes in normal hours, but during the hours in the hostel I can actually spend most of those time to do self-learning and arrange time to do some online conversational practice as well (and time for preparing notes and exercises if you need). Therefore, well, that's how it is...