JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
englishwebteacher (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Skype™ to englishwebteacher
A British English language teacher-lessons online - 06-02-2010, 05:44 PM

Hi Everybody. My name’s Ric and I’ve been an English Language teacher for 17 years. I’m a qualified teacher with a Trinity Licentiate Diploma in TESOL and I’m currently working as an assistant Director of Studies in an Italian Language School.

I have taught students of all ages and backgrounds and the types of course taught range from Elementary to Business and International Exam preparation such as Trinity, Cambridge and IELTS.

I am now moving into what is for me a new area, that of online English Language Learning.

To learn in this way all you have to do is have an Internet connection and a software called SKYPE which allows instant face to face contact over the web. These lessons can be organised to fit in with your own personal needs and timetable. We can have individual lessons based around whatever you feel you would like to practise or what you are particularly interested in.

We can have simple conversation practice around certain topics or you may want to have a series of lessons in order to improve your knowledge of grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing and pronunciation.

Whatever your requirements, please contact me and we can arrange a quick chat on Skype to discuss your needs.

Waiting for your answer,

Ric.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
manganimefan227 (Offline)
星の翼

06-03-2010, 08:18 PM

Smart arse answer:

If we can read that, we don't need to learn English.

A nice gesture though . . .

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I have no Friends- The cats have scratched and destroyed all of the DVDs!

I always owe someone- In fact I put two os in it!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-03-2010, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manganimefan227 View Post
If we can read that, we don't need to learn English.
Actually, you'll find many Japanese can read and understand English but cannot speak. They may be wanting to pratice these skills or go beyond this to presentation skills or whatever.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

06-04-2010, 02:59 AM

Oh . . . Sorry then, I didn't think of that.

My Life Sucks- The kids I babysit have drooled, ripped or drawn on all of the cards and put the cars with the little people in the microwave!

I always ruin my clothes with Bleach!- The show is so dom suspensful I spill my grape soda on them!

But . . .I'll live.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
UAE20 (Offline)
New to JF

06-04-2010, 03:56 PM

I wanna to join I'm at the college I know how to speak English and understand it but I want to learn more I dont think my language is excellent
I want to understand a big business words as my real language but the problem is the skype it's banned in my country so I can't well good luck for you

Learning from you life experiance is important lesson to be well person but Not fallen in the same deep valley
(#6 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

06-04-2010, 04:58 PM

I could help you without Skype!

But . . .I'll live.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
UAE20 (Offline)
New to JF

06-05-2010, 07:13 PM

Thank you for help but tell me how can you???

Learning from you life experiance is important lesson to be well person but Not fallen in the same deep valley
(#8 (permalink))
Old
星の翼

06-05-2010, 10:56 PM

Is it speaking lessons or written grammar?

Without skype, I could only help with the latter (written grammar)

But . . .I'll live.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

06-10-2010, 07:36 AM

Hi there. I didn't realise Skype was banned ! I am now using this in many countries for English teaching. I also use Messenger to communicate with students. Most of my students are high level already but just want to practise their speaking and pronunciation. Let me know if you need any help in this area. R.

Last edited by englishwebteacher : 06-10-2010 at 07:57 AM.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

englishwebteacher: Is Skype really banned in Japan? - 06-10-2010, 07:55 AM

Hi there.

A few days ago I posted :

(Repost of ad removed - do NOT multi-post it again. - Nyororin)

Someone told me that Skype was banned in Japan, then I saw some other posts by users saying they use Skype!
Could anyone confirm this? Please contact me by PM if you're interested in improving your English. Many of my new online students around the world already have good grammatical knowledge but just want to practise their speaking skills and knowlege of vocabulary and idioms etc. Thanks, Ric.

Last edited by Nyororin : 06-10-2010 at 08:20 AM.