JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Raingirlxd (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Raingirlxd
Red face Need a Japanese Native Speaker, for American English exchange - 06-04-2010, 10:20 PM

I am native to the United States, have been speaking English all my life. I have a lot of exposer to many different languages, and none have made me want to learn it quite like Japanese. I really would like to learn, and I have been practicing on my own for a few months now, and I'm finally getting some things down. I really am not even sure I'm pronouncing things correctly, as I've only been able to do things alone, and by myself. I hope to move to Japan for about two years, if things go well, and I can have a good job, maybe for longer. I have always loved Japan, not only for the culture, and food, but how people treat each other, the respectfulness of society. How Japanese just live their lives. I envy the schooling system as well, because yes, it is strict, but if I had it growing up, I'd be in a much better educational position than I am now.

So, that's a lot. I know, but there's so much more to it. Yes, I could go to Japan, if I learned on my own, but it'd be so much more embarrassing. I want to go and be able to make friends, and be able to talk as they do. Not completely formal, and then if I have a situation, then be able to know the difference. Well, I know these things take years, but I really want to be at least....pretty proficient in Japanese by a year. I know, it's a lot...although no, it's not impossible. So, if anyone thinks they can help, please message me, and we can talk on an IM, through emails. Whatever is best for you.