JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Culcet (Offline)
New to JF

Online Language Exchange? - 01-21-2012, 11:59 AM

Hi all,

First time poster here. Hope all is well around the world.

I'm currently planning a trip to Japan around April to see some family friends and relatives. I haven't been to Japan for about ten years, and haven't spoken in Japanese for about four. Long story short, my Japanese has basically vanished and I'd like to resurrect it to ("where is the bathroom; I am from America;let's grab something to eat") level before I see my relatives for the first time in a decade.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time finding language exchange partners in-person where I am. Not sure what will happen between now and April on that front.

I'm in the process of hiring a tutor, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in practicing Japanese over Skype/phone/online. As an aside, I'd be willing to converse with anyone in Mandarin/English(duh)/Spanish if anyone wants to brush up on those. I'd obviously want to make this as fair of an exchange as I can.

Cheers,
(#2 (permalink))
Old
JohnBraden (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

01-21-2012, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culcet View Post
Hi all,

First time poster here. Hope all is well around the world.

I'm currently planning a trip to Japan around April to see some family friends and relatives. I haven't been to Japan for about ten years, and haven't spoken in Japanese for about four. Long story short, my Japanese has basically vanished and I'd like to resurrect it to ("where is the bathroom; I am from America;let's grab something to eat") level before I see my relatives for the first time in a decade.

The problem is that I'm having a hard time finding language exchange partners in-person where I am. Not sure what will happen between now and April on that front.

I'm in the process of hiring a tutor, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in practicing Japanese over Skype/phone/online. As an aside, I'd be willing to converse with anyone in Mandarin/English(duh)/Spanish if anyone wants to brush up on those. I'd obviously want to make this as fair of an exchange as I can.

Cheers,
Hello Culcet!

Unfortunately your first post hear will mostly fall on deaf ears, as spambots rule this website now. All of us who once used to call this place home have moved on to another forum that has zero spam. The moderators of this forum weren't given any help by the administrator and they couldn't keep this place clean, so they moved with us to Japanologic Forums • Portal . There are native speakers there, people who live there and know the language very well and many people who have been there and are willing to answer your questions. Please give us a visit! Thanks!