JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
SeannaBirchwood (Offline)
New to JF

Post Need lots of help - 06-18-2007, 07:57 PM

I live in Canada, and I've been trying to teach myself Japanese, with online dictionaries, I even bought myself one, and different things I have found online, but it's not enough. I'm a writer, and I plan to take courses in college that will help me teach English to Japanese students over in Japan, but I would like to know some Japanese before I get there. I can teach you any English, but I would love it if someone could help me learn Japanese.

Watashi wa nihongo ga sukoshi shika hanasemasen. Eigo wa watashi no ichina go desu.

((lol, I hope that says roughly what I wanted it to))

Koinonayami no Aika, the pain of love's sad song. After awhile she was known only as Koinonayami Aika.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

06-18-2007, 08:30 PM

Oh, I would love to have a friend to talk to. wolvan_swords1223@hotmail.com please message me.

Koinonayami no Aika, the pain of love's sad song. After awhile she was known only as Koinonayami Aika.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

06-26-2007, 12:20 AM

Hi from tokyo, SeannaBirchwood!

I liked the "ichina go" part of your first thread. That is so creative. The Japanese counterpart for that would be "bokokugo". I would be very interested in helping you learn Japanese.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

07-05-2007, 06:16 PM

Arigatougozaimasu! Anata wa watashi *insert particle* denwa *insert particle* Seanna desu. oh my...that i know was horrible. Would the sentence in my first post be "Eigo wa watashi no bokokugo desu." ?

do you have hotmail? if so, please add me.

(#5 (permalink))
Old
masaegu (Offline)
永遠の愛

07-06-2007, 12:16 AM

Yes, that would be a good Japanese sentence even though it would leave a somewhat "textbook" impression in the Japanese ear. We omit pronouns 70-80% of the time. I would simply say it as "Eigo ga bokokugo desu." because you mentioned the state of your Japanese using the word 'watashi' just before you told what your native tongue was. So the listener (or reader) knows whose native tongue you are referring to but your own. Sorry if I'm getting too technical.

I would still love to work with you. However I don't have hotmail; I only have yahoo. Please PM me if you need my email address. Thanks!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
New to JF

07-10-2007, 07:15 PM

Thank you, I don't mind you getting technical, I knew the pronoun stuff, it just sounds a lot better to me when there are pronouns. I have to remember I dont need them. ok. so Eiga ga bokokugo desu. What kind of words does GA go after? I know WA designates the subject. NO designates ownership, so 's or of.

Sadly I can't add you to yahoo! I'm fifteen, and my parents would kill me if they knew your age. But I would still like to pm you, if you wouldn't mind helping me through that. Arigatou ^_^

(#7 (permalink))
Old
ForeignExchangeStudent (Offline)
New to JF

Hey - 07-23-2007, 05:51 PM

You have a great goal in life. I have the very same one. Hope it works out for the both of us. Comtact me if you want to chat.