JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#51 (permalink))
Old
Samuraizr0 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Samuraizr0 Send a message via MSN to Samuraizr0 Send a message via Yahoo to Samuraizr0 Send a message via Skype™ to Samuraizr0
08-01-2007, 09:28 PM

Laurel san.. Hajimemashite.. Watashi no namae wa. RJ desu.. jibun de yon nen kara nihongo de benkyou shita sumimasen ga watashi no nihongo ga chotto heta desu demo ganbarimasu yo!! ... I speak english as my first language but am interested in making my japanese better... so if you will be willing to help with my nihongo I'd love to conversate with you in eigo
(#52 (permalink))
Old
laurel (Offline)
JF Regular

08-02-2007, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuraizr0 View Post
Laurel san.. Hajimemashite.. Watashi no namae wa. RJ desu.. jibun de yon nen kara nihongo de benkyou shita sumimasen ga watashi no nihongo ga chotto heta desu demo ganbarimasu yo!! ... I speak english as my first language but am interested in making my japanese better... so if you will be willing to help with my nihongo I'd love to conversate with you in eigo

Kotira koso hazimemasite, RJ san!
Zibun de yonen mo Nihon go wo benkyou nasaru nante sugoi desu.
Anatano nihongo ha totemo teinei desuyo
Motto Zisin wo motte!

Thank you for your offer of help; I really appreciate it!

By the way, for you already know how to write Japanese in Romaji style, why don't you install Japanese input system and write hiragana and katakana?
If you use windows OS and have a right as admin, I can tell you how to install language system. We Japanese usually use Romaji input tool to write something with PC, which is quite convenient.

Well, I must confess -- I don't handwrite Japanese so frequently; I usually use PC... So, why don't you give it a try?

I'll e-mail you within a few days; please wait a mintute!

"yf I ded ony foly I have that I sought."

-- Thomas Malory, Le Morte D'Arthur
(#53 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-04-2007, 10:43 AM

Hi there! Sorry I haven't posted earlier ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurel View Post
By the way, the expo will be held at Barcelona, too!? Wow, I feel glad and proud to know that so many foreign people love Japanese culture (≧∇≦)
Yes, every year and during 4 days a Manga Expo is held in Barcelona. We even have this channel that only broadcasts dubbed anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurel
I see. One of my tutors (he is a native British guy) told us that English is rather complicated language; people all over the world use English not because it is easy, but because it is the heritage of British Empire.
You think so? Well, it is obvious that we use English because it is the most extended language of the world but also it is way easier than many others.

You should see how many verb tenses Spanish has!! I think it would take a life time for a non-Spanish speaker to get used to them all.

Quote:
I checked dictionary and guessed the meaning of each word; but I can't understand the syntax of "ludo mentis aciem". These words seem to indicate "play, whim", "mind" and "look", but I'm not sure what this line exactly means. If you have some suggestion, will you tell me, please?
You cannot translate it literally. Prepositions are not used in Latin so you can add them if you want and the sentence won't change its meaning. I wouldn't know how to translate this but I've found the translation for you:

As far as I can deduce:

ludo mentis aciem, ............... now pampers our feelings with its game
egestatem, potestatem =..... poverty, power
dissolvit ut glaciem............... it melts them like ice.

Listology: Lyrics and Translation to "O Fortuna" from "Carmina Burana" - composer: Carl Orff

Hope it helps!

Quote:
Oh, I see. We Japanese do not have hot dish during Summer; but -- do you hear something about "我慢大会" (gaman taikai: patience competition)?
It is a game to prove one's own endurance. People wear warm, thick clothes and eat hot food even though the temperature is more than 30c degree!!
I wonder if the participants are a bunch of masochists or not ...
Jeez that's crazy! O.O I mean, they must be paid a nice bunch of money, otherwise I don't see why anyone would want to be put through such torture!

Quote:
learn how to wear kimono!
Learn...? So there're 'kimono lessons' to teach girls how to wear it?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#54 (permalink))
Old
fara7 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to fara7
08-04-2007, 12:23 PM

Hi Maki,

Yesterday i heard that the The storm Usaji has hit Southern Japan and it was like The second storm in one month. Is entire Japan an earthquake and Storm Prone Country or there are some places which haven't seen such disasters.
I hope your area is not in danger.

Ok Take care.
(#55 (permalink))
Old
loveyamapi (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to loveyamapi
i love japanese... - 08-04-2007, 01:54 PM

i want to learn how to speak japanese... anyone can teach me how?.. onegaisimasu..
(#56 (permalink))
Old
Narutocrazy101 (Offline)
Noki...

Smile 08-04-2007, 11:15 PM

I Love literature. I can speeak 6 different languages plus English
(#57 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
08-04-2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narutocrazy101 View Post
I Love literature. I can speeak 6 different languages plus English
Really, which ones?

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#58 (permalink))
Old
forgotenmemory (Offline)
Where's the rock lobster?

08-04-2007, 11:24 PM

Hey narutocrazy!

MY JF FAMILY and Fellow Pervs
http://www.freewebs.com/fantasyfact/jffamily.htm
Perv Dance
1 2 3 step step jump step step grope step step touch step step kiss and *SLap!!!
fantasyfact.proboards54.com
(#59 (permalink))
Old
kyuuketsuki25 (Offline)
New to JF

08-05-2007, 12:36 AM

I can do that!
(#60 (permalink))
Old
laurel (Offline)
JF Regular

08-07-2007, 10:11 PM

Hi, Suki chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
Yes, every year and during 4 days a Manga Expo is held in Barcelona. We even have this channel that only broadcasts dubbed anime
Wow, that's cool! Even in Japan, we have only three-day comic convention (though it is held twice in a year), but you have another day!

So, you watch dubbed anime, not with subtitle? To me, it sounds very curious: I can't imagine some anime characters who speak in typical Japanese way use foreign language!

Quote:
You think so? Well, it is obvious that we use English because it is the most extended language of the world but also it is way easier than many others.

Honestly, I wish that Esperanto movement will gain popularity. I like English, but sometimes I feel it's unfair for non-native speakers to hand in all academic articles in English!

Thank you very much for helping me with Latin! I hate English preposition, it's really confusing to write some sentences; without preposition, however, it's hard to understand the meaning of Latin sentence...

Quote:
Jeez that's crazy! O.O I mean, they must be paid a nice bunch of money, otherwise I don't see why anyone would want to be put through such torture!

In fact, they PAY money to join such kind of competitions.

2006 Winter Gaman-taikai in Oita

The winner gains some prize, but generally, it is not so expensive.

Quote:
Learn...? So there're 'kimono lessons' to teach girls how to wear it?

Yes; kimono requires special tips to wear, especially the way to tie the belt (obi) is quite difficult.
Many girls wear kimono at certification ceremony of uni, but most of them cannot wear kimono by themselves. There is a job called きもの着付け師 (kimono kitsukeshi), who helps people to wear kimono.

If you would like to know how to wear kimono, the following webpages are helpful:

how to wear kimono
http://www.g-iseya.jp/kituke/kituke.htm

How to tie kimono belt
http://coquette.fem.jp/obimusubi.html

"yf I ded ony foly I have that I sought."

-- Thomas Malory, Le Morte D'Arthur