JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sergio3458 (Offline)
New to JF

I simply love Japan - 12-04-2007, 08:48 PM

I am Brazilian and lived over almost 3 years in Japan. Now I am back to Brazil but I really want to go back to Japan and I want to know if anyone can help me about, how to get a job, rent a aprtment mainly in Tokyo or surrounding area.
After living in several places like, US, Europe and South America, I speak English and Portuguese fluently, and have reasonable knowledge of Japanese and Spanish.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-09-2007, 10:35 PM

Didn't you have a job if you lived in Japan for three years? Firstly you'll have to do a lot of paper work and get a work visa.. It's a difficult process, but well worth it. I can link you to a few sites if you want...that are helpful for the move.

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Uriko (Offline)
JF Cereal Killer

12-09-2007, 10:39 PM

ohh! me too! me too!!! put up linkies!!!

'cause once i become a registered nurse& actually have money, i am seriously considering working & living in japan. ^_^

But to despair was to wish back for something already lost.
Or to prolong what was already unbearable.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

12-09-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiredMess View Post
Didn't you have a job if you lived in Japan for three years? Firstly you'll have to do a lot of paper work and get a work visa.. It's a difficult process, but well worth it. I can link you to a few sites if you want...that are helpful for the move.
There's a number of Brazilians that are included under a special agreement in Japan that excludes them from having to go through the usual visa humdrum. I don't know much more about it, though, so I can't help that much.

And for the above poster, the whole visa thing can be summed up with 'no bachelor's degree, no job'. So you need 4 years of schooling. After that, you can start to look deeper into the process of getting a job in Japan...

郷に入っては郷に従え

Last edited by Hatredcopter : 12-09-2007 at 11:06 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-10-2007, 01:19 AM

Oh, sorry. I was just thinking strictly of how an American was to go about moving to Japan... Lucky Brazilians get off the easy end. *envious*
But without a proper four year college education and degree (as the person about me said) it's highly unlikely they will grant you a work visa. So take it one step at a time.

Now links!! I'm also going to get my degree and hopefully move Japan. I really don't see my future being anywhere else.

Links:Jobs in Japan: Jobs - Japan Jobs - Japan News - Japan Info - Japan Apartments - Japan Classifieds - Japan Forums

Kind of funny: http://www.thejapanesepage.com/culture/tips2.htm

Some good comments: japan-guide.com forum - How can I move to Japan?

I'll post more if you want. I just got these from researching because I desire to move there myself.

Videogame junkie extraordinaire. I often need help getting snapped back into reality, so bare with me.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-10-2007, 01:27 PM

Aren't they tightening up the immigration of brazillians to Japan? Since there were so many faked papers getting through.

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
DesiredMess (Offline)
.Infront of Persona.

12-11-2007, 03:00 AM

Hmm, didn't hear of that. Guess it's going to be harder on them?