JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
drummachick (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to drummachick
Question Is to hard to bring the family over? - 12-31-2007, 08:13 PM

My husband and I seriously want to move to Japan when we graduate. We like to move around and Japan is world stop #1 for us. By the time we're ready to go we should have 2 kids under 5. I know that in order to receive a visa you must already have a job.

So my question is is it terribly difficult to bring your family over US to JP? I already have too much experience with US immigration. It can be a pretty tough road for a hispanic national with all their ducks in a row to get just their residency in the states. Are we facing a similar fight or do the Japanese have it together when it comes to immigration?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-01-2008, 01:10 AM

It certainly would be a challenge. Depending on where you live, too. When I see the grassless parks and the sidewalk-free roads with children walking along them I sometimes cringe. Raising kids there would be a daily heart-attack to me.

School is also something else to consider.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
01-01-2008, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
It certainly would be a challenge. Depending on where you live, too. When I see the grassless parks and the sidewalk-free roads with children walking along them I sometimes cringe. Raising kids there would be a daily heart-attack to me.
yeah, I know what you mean - surprised that there are not more accidents to be honest!!