JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

01-11-2008, 10:27 AM

Ask someone who has been here for a few weeks and it is the most interesting place they've ever been. Ask someone who has been here a year, two, or ten years and you get something like, "Eh, it's alright. Just like everywhere else in the world."

The food, well, let's just say you get what you pay for. A five dollar meal tastes like it should as does a twenty, thirty dollar meal.

Cities are crowded. The country side is not so crowded.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-11-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Ask someone who has been here for a few weeks and it is the most interesting place they've ever been. Ask someone who has been here a year, two, or ten years and you get something like, "Eh, it's alright. Just like everywhere else in the world."

The food, well, let's just say you get what you pay for. A five dollar meal tastes like it should as does a twenty, thirty dollar meal.

Cities are crowded. The country side is not so crowded.
I loved a lot of my $5-10 meals, while the $100 meal I had featured such delicacies as raw crab brains... I'll take the $5 bowl of ramen instead, thanks.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

01-12-2008, 02:24 AM

I don't blame people for asking these questions. Since I had the same ones myself for years.

I have always wanted to live in Japan, just for the simple fact that it is much different from the Western countries. (This desire has died down a bit as I have aged)

Buildings, trees, and plants all have a unique look and shape. The forests are huge and most are kept preserved. I have always been interested in the shrines and temples. The little stone walkways nearby and a pond and a zen garden set off in a district somewhere. All these little things attract people from other places. Where I live we have nothing like that. No sky-scrappers no buildings with neon lights and flashing signs. To people who live in boring, dull run-down towns, someone may view Japan as a type of paradise.

Then you find out that it still has it problems just like any other place. But the beauty is still there. ^_^
(#14 (permalink))
Old
MazarDantechildofdevil (Offline)
Hmm?

Send a message via MSN to MazarDantechildofdevil
01-12-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
I don't blame people for asking these questions. Since I had the same ones myself for years.

I have always wanted to live in Japan, just for the simple fact that it is much different from the Western countries. (This desire has died down a bit as I have aged)

Buildings, trees, and plants all have a unique look and shape. The forests are huge and most are kept preserved. I have always been interested in the shrines and temples. The little stone walkways nearby and a pond and a zen garden set off in a district somewhere. All these little things attract people from other places. Where I live we have nothing like that. No sky-scrappers no buildings with neon lights and flashing signs. To people who live in boring, dull run-down towns, someone may view Japan as a type of paradise.

Then you find out that it still has it problems just like any other place. But the beauty is still there. ^_^
Wow, Kanji... You make me wanna go there even more now... Because I live in a like a rundown town... ><; Darn you... ^.^;