LinkBack Thread Tools
(#151 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-31-2008, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisaChi View Post
I have a quick question - does the contract/visa limit any extra work you might do? Specifically I'd like to continue doing freelance web design in my spare time if I go, to keep up with the industry and save up some more money. I don't want to do anything that's actually illegal or that will bring shame on me/my school/every ALT for all eternity though. The clients are likely to be international ones found online rather than local. Sounds unlikely that it would be allowed, but just curious as to specifics

Failing that, doing freebie websites for charity and not-for-profit organisations should be fine right?
I was a JET before the Internet was big in Japan, so technically, any other work you do is agaisnt the contract. That being said, I tended bar three nights a week as a JET. Don't ask. Don't tell.
(#152 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-18-2008, 08:38 PM

Well, for most places, seems the application is up. How is everyone doing so far?
(#153 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-19-2008, 01:13 AM

I'm not applying anymore - it's worked out to be too much a hassle with me moving to another city not long before having to move again to Japan if I got in Best of luck to you guys though!

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts
(#154 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
09-19-2008, 01:16 AM

Aww. We were all supposed to get in and party. Seriously though, I wish you the best of luck with all of the moving and settling down in a new place.
(#155 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
09-19-2008, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisaChi View Post
I'm not applying anymore - it's worked out to be too much a hassle with me moving to another city not long before having to move again to Japan if I got in Best of luck to you guys though!
Awe that's unfortunate Chisa Best of luck with your move, and hey, there's always next year

Looks like it's just you and me SSJup! I'm gonna check the site now, as I havent in a few weeks.

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^
(#156 (permalink))
Old
OsakaPapa (Offline)
I <3 Osaka

Send a message via AIM to OsakaPapa
09-19-2008, 06:24 AM

Wow, there's A LOT of stuff they want O_O; I feel like I need to get all of this ready very soon if I want to meet the early application deadline.

なんでやねん

- Studied in Tokyo for my 2007 Spring Semester. Lived in Ota-ku in the Ontakesan area. Pics can be found on my Facebook. Feel free to add me ^_^
(#157 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

09-19-2008, 08:00 AM

I'm curious as to when the actual deadline is. I want to do the physical stuff as close to the deadline as possible. I'm diabetic, so I have to get a person to sign it.

Okay, for me, the main problems I'm going to have are:

Transcripts from university, since I'm still attending and will have to have the school write a letter, or whatever, giving a graduation date. I do know this, the latest I'll be finished is June 2009, the earliest, March 2009. I'm doubled up on classes, and after the upcoming term, I have to put in a request to continue doubling up. I'm pretty sure my requesting this will be after the application's deadline, which means an inaccurate date. -_- I would hate to get screwed over because of something like this.

Self-Assessment form for doctor, since I'm diabetic and a bit nervous over this and hope that the doctor actually does say I'm healthy enough for such a program.

Second reference. I guess I'll ask my Academic Advisor to write out a letter for me.

SoP...I still haven't written one yet. I need to get off of me lazy bum and do so! lol
(#158 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)

10-06-2009, 12:24 AM

I know this is an old thread, but was just curious if anyone is planning on applying for JET this year. The applications are open most places now. I'm trying my hand at it again.