JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Requiem (Offline)
New to JF

Talking What is the best Japanese graduate school for economics? - 03-07-2008, 02:55 AM

Hello everyone!

As an international student studying in Korea for my B.A, I am planning to go to Japan for my M.A in economics (business administration, I guess) so what do you think would be the best choice for me? I have already taken a look at several famous universities in Japan (Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto) but still pretty confusing. So I decided to register and ask you guys about this information.

Also, is Japanese a hard-to-study language? Because apparently I have no idea what the heck Japanese language is, and most of the good graduate schools in Japan that I've looked requires a certain level of Japanese before attending their schools since classes are conducted in Japanese.

And if anyone here has any information about scholarship or any kind of financial aid that the graduate school might offer, please let me know.

I really appreciate all of your answers!

Thank you very much
(#2 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

03-10-2008, 04:51 AM

First of all, the best business school in Japan is probably MBA program at Tokyo University. Many other well know universities offer MBA but Tokyo University is clearly the solid choice.

In terms of Japanese skills required to attend Japanese universities, I strongly believe you need to be close to fluent and it takes about maybe 4 years minimum to reach that level if you really study hard. Most international students have been studying Japanese for years so it'll be hard if your Japanese is weak.

So overall, do not do your master's degree in Japan because MBA is not so established in Japan and you need to be fluent in Japanese even before attending.