LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-09-2008, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenpachi11 View Post
the main reason i want to live in japan is that im in love with the culture and the people. and plus whats the use of living in the united states? they say we are free but we are no where near being free. so i dont see any reason to stay here. i hate were i live and probably always will hate it. and i know that im going to go to japan no matter what. and also you dont have to graduate from college to go and live in japan.
Want to know what gets you freedom?
Money.

Want to know what gets you money?
A college degree.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

05-09-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Want to know what gets you freedom?
Money.

Want to know what gets you money?
A college degree.
Do you live in the united states? Have you ever lived here?

From the sky, To the ground
Rain is falling all around
Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-09-2008, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Do you live in the united states? Have you ever lived here?
I do live in the United States, and if anything I have more freedoms here than in Japan.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

05-09-2008, 02:24 AM

Quote:
I do live in the United States, and if anything I have more freedoms here than in Japan.
well you must live way far from me then. and where i live you have like no freedom. in the united states you dont have freedom of speech, religion and so on even tho they say we do we dont.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Orodreth (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to Orodreth
05-09-2008, 02:25 AM

Quote:
the main reason i want to live in japan is that im in love with the culture and the people. and plus whats the use of living in the united states? they say we are free but we are no where near being free. so i dont see any reason to stay here. i hate were i live and probably always will hate it. and i know that im going to go to japan no matter what. and also you dont have to graduate from college to go and live in japan.
The US isn't the only Country like that. It's hard for any country to be a country and have it's people be completely free. All Country's have their own pros and cons, but I too like Japans culture and past.

They aren't saying it's impossible, they're saying it is near impossible, and I understand where they're coming from, though I don't like it.

あいしてる
(#26 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-09-2008, 02:27 AM

Quote:
well you must live way far from me then. and where i live you have like no freedom. in the united states you dont have freedom of speech, religion and so on even tho they say we do we dont.
Kenpachi, I am going to guess you are a high school student. I know it's hard, but the experiences you are going through now are not universal, and do not stay that way.

Right now you don't have a lot of freedom, that is true. But you also don't have a lot of responsibility. As you get older both of those things grow, no matter where you live.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

05-09-2008, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Kenpachi, I am going to guess you are a high school student. I know it's hard, but the experiences you are going through now are not universal, and do not stay that way.

Right now you don't have a lot of freedom, that is true. But you also don't have a lot of responsibility. As you get older both of those things grow, no matter where you live.
yes i am a high school student and im in the 10th grade but i know alot about the government and how stupid and how many tyrants are in there. they take away the death penaltiy until like a month ago when my state was the first to do it again and it was lethal injection. I really dont see how the death penalty is bad i mean if you kill a person they only get like 20 years and when they are release they do it again.

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-09-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
yes i am a high school student and im in the 10th grade but i know alot about the government and how stupid and how many tyrants are in there. they take away the death penaltiy until like a month ago when my state was the first to do it again and it was lethal injection. I really dont see how the death penalty is bad i mean if you kill a person they only get like 20 years and when they are release they do it again.
I'd rather stay on topic than talk about the death penalty.

In terms of government, American people have much more faith in their government than they do in Japan. Change is slow there, and scandals are an almost daily event.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Kenpachi11 (Offline)
高校生

05-09-2008, 02:39 AM

Quote:
I'd rather stay on topic than talk about the death penalty.

In terms of government, American people have much more faith in their government than they do in Japan. Change is slow there, and scandals are an almost daily event.
yea well i dont have faith in our government but why do i care im not going to live in the united states?

Thunder rain and wind
A song of storms begins

Play a song, A melody
Then everybody will see
The hero of time
Has come
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-09-2008, 02:50 AM

Quote:
yea well i dont have faith in our government but why do i care im not going to live in the united states?
Just out of curiousity, if you are 16, why have you already decided you are not going to college? If you want to be an international traveller/worker, things are going to be a LOT easier with a degree.

Orodreth, and I am not trying to discourage people to try to live in Japan, I am trying to encourage to start that quest with a degree in hand.

It's a lot easier to build a house with a hammer and nails than just with your bare hands.