JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#521 (permalink))
Old
KaiTea (Offline)
Stuck man.

08-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Thanks for your honest input...

That just makes my life harder and difficult for me to figure out what to do. With the advice that has been said, maybe translation is not for me. (Who knows.) -_-;; Now, I am back to square one without any ideas on what to do with my future. I do not want to be stuck at a retail store for the rest of my life, nor do I want to be doing a job I am not passionate about. I've looked through a list of majors to take, and I don't think anything suits me; nor am I interested in it.

-Sobs- ;_;
(#522 (permalink))
Old
chinabean (Offline)
JF Regular

08-24-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiTea View Post
Thanks for your honest input...

That just makes my life harder and difficult for me to figure out what to do. With the advice that has been said, maybe translation is not for me. (Who knows.) -_-;; Now, I am back to square one without any ideas on what to do with my future. I do not want to be stuck at a retail store for the rest of my life, nor do I want to be doing a job I am not passionate about. I've looked through a list of majors to take, and I don't think anything suits me; nor am I interested in it.

-Sobs- ;_;
nurse; medical field.
(#523 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-18-2009, 11:18 AM

figure out what youre passionate about and then take it from there. i wouldnt just jump into nursing or medical unless i had a reason to, besides money and having a job.
(#524 (permalink))
Old
UsagiSarah (Offline)
New to JF

what about - 09-24-2009, 06:03 AM

what about us folks who have to move there for their husbands jobs? I would like to help support our living funds but what can I do without a college degree? I mean I never intended to go there and live there and make big money teaching english or being a businessman. So what options are there for the women who never had the chance to plan ahead?

some of us aren't the anime/cosplay/japan obsessed kids in the world with a dream to work and live in japan independently.
(#525 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-24-2009, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiSarah View Post
what about us folks who have to move there for their husbands jobs? I would like to help support our living funds but what can I do without a college degree? I mean I never intended to go there and live there and make big money teaching english or being a businessman. So what options are there for the women who never had the chance to plan ahead?

some of us aren't the anime/cosplay/japan obsessed kids in the world with a dream to work and live in japan independently.
You are actually at an advantage, because if you can live in Japan with your husband who has a work visa, and you have a spouse visa (I believe) then you can work anywhere that will hire you. They don't need to provide you a working visa, so you will not be under the same scrutiny. You could even start your own business if you wanted.
(#526 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-24-2009, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
You are actually at an advantage, because if you can live in Japan with your husband who has a work visa, and you have a spouse visa (I believe) then you can work anywhere that will hire you. They don't need to provide you a working visa, so you will not be under the same scrutiny. You could even start your own business if you wanted.
Hey MMM, on that note, will starting her own business change her status? Let say, if someone, under the exact same scenario started a business, then the spouse who was there with a work visa didn't get his visa extended, then what will happen? Will they need to surrender the business (sell it, close it.. etc) or they can still stay?
(#527 (permalink))
Old
Kushaba (Offline)
JF Regular

10-05-2009, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
I think it's also safe to say that most of the people that are wanting to live in Japan really ought to go there for some time before making such important plans. I seem to see a lot of people that dream of living in Japan, purely from stories of a perfect society. I have to say, those people seem rather naïve.
I agree with you. a friend of mine is studying art in tokyo and she is saying even though the city is nice, fun, and full of life. Everything is very VERY expensive!
(#528 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-05-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Hey MMM, on that note, will starting her own business change her status? Let say, if someone, under the exact same scenario started a business, then the spouse who was there with a work visa didn't get his visa extended, then what will happen? Will they need to surrender the business (sell it, close it.. etc) or they can still stay?
Sorry I missed this. Other people can probably answer this question better than I, but I know foreigners can own businesses in Japan, so I would imagine there is a visa for that. It wouldn't be in Japan's interest to deport successful business owners.
(#529 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

10-05-2009, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Sorry I missed this. Other people can probably answer this question better than I, but I know foreigners can own businesses in Japan, so I would imagine there is a visa for that. It wouldn't be in Japan's interest to deport successful business owners.
So maybe that is another option for people who want to move there, and that is to start a business. But I am guessing that you will need to have some kind of proposal or something that shows a strong prospect before they will grant you a visa. Let me look more into this.. i will post any info i find (On a different thread)
(#530 (permalink))
Old
Zanxza (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to Zanxza
10-09-2009, 06:00 PM

Am gonna try and study college in japan,I still have 4 years of school to go but oh well,Am learning Japanese from now so I don't have to spend time later learning it and am already building my business online,All you need is hard work and some logic,That's what I believe in really.Though interesting thread!