LinkBack Thread Tools
(#591 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-14-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
So what jobs are open to fresh grads (foreigners) in Japan? Other than ESL, that is.
How's your Japanese?
(#592 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

05-14-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
This has probably been asked before... maybe even by me, I cant remember.

Soooo.. What's to stop people saying that they have graduated from College.. when they didn't? Saying you could speak Japanese.. but hadn't graduated from "College" what job's are actually going to make a confirmation call to the country you're from to make sure?
This is going to be verified before you even leave the country. When you get your working visa at the embassy/consulate in your country, you will be required to bring your bachelor's degree for proof of graduation.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#593 (permalink))
Old
Micki (Offline)
New to JF

Cool 05-29-2010, 05:04 PM

Hello japanforum ppls.
I made a post a WHILE back asking about going to Japan. Thing is I never came back to check up on it... I am asking again because it's almost time for me to go to college. In september I'll be starting my senior year. I'll be 18 in January. So yeah, I have to get all the planning ready, because from what I have read Japan is a pretty tough country to get into.
So about me:
I am 17 y.o and am living in the Dominican Republic. I was born and lived about 12 years in U.S so english is technically a "native" language of mine. Or do they see it differently in Japan since spanish is also "native"? I also LOOK like spanish is my native language and english might of been something I picked up along the way . When I made my last post I wanted to do software engineering. I decided that I am going for Mechatronics.
I can study this at the same place I planned on studying software. At ITLA ( You can check out their page it's "itla.edu.do").
Thing is, I only get two years of education so that would be equivalent to an associate's degree right?
So let's say I complete the program, can I get into a college in New York (say, Vaughn) and do another 2 years to get a bachelor's degree?
It would be easier this way because it is easier for me to pay tuition here since I can land a better job with 0 experience, than o do it in the U.S where I will most likely be making less money.
Reason for going to Japan is that I just want to experience the country .
Not because of anime or something stupid like that. I just find the idea of Japan attractive. You know it's "different" in so many ways. And I am a firm believer that to truly understand a place/country you actually have to spend time in society, in "the real world".....socializing in said country you know?... Not in a 5 star resort that is made so foreigner's can feel more at home... What's the fun in that? So yeah sorry for asking pretty much the same question twice but I couldn't find my old post.... Any advice would be appreciated

EDIT: I'm trying to find any other colleges in N.Y that give Mechatronics but looks like Vaugn is the only one available... Looks pretty damn expensive too. I think any private would be out of the question but I don't see much community colleges, anywhere not just N.Y, with Mechatronics.

Last edited by Micki : 05-29-2010 at 06:38 PM.
(#594 (permalink))
Old
Micki (Offline)
New to JF

Cool 05-29-2010, 08:43 PM

ookay. Well I guess if all else fails teaching english isn't out of the question.
(#595 (permalink))
Old
TsheringSak (Offline)
New to JF

05-30-2010, 05:59 AM

What if someone is young and good in studies and have a sound knowledge of his or her stream and would like to work in Japan, Will he not get the job?

Peace:
(#596 (permalink))
Old
babymint87 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to babymint87 Send a message via Yahoo to babymint87
Hi - 07-14-2010, 07:36 AM

hi im 4 college grad and im workin here in singapore for 2 yrs in hospitality industy,im planning to study japanese language and some things regarding japanese culture, do you thinks there's a chance that i could get a job in japan?

im living alone and independent

your reply is pretty much appreciated

babymint87
(#597 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-14-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymint87 View Post
hi im 4 college grad and im workin here in singapore for 2 yrs in hospitality industy,im planning to study japanese language and some things regarding japanese culture, do you thinks there's a chance that i could get a job in japan?

im living alone and independent

your reply is pretty much appreciated
Where are you from?
(#598 (permalink))
Old
babymint87 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to babymint87 Send a message via Yahoo to babymint87
Lightbulb living in japan :) - 07-15-2010, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Where are you from?

Im from Philippines. Im already 23 this year and i major in Hotels and restaurant management, i know some basic japanese language since its part of our curriculum. Im planning to study and learn more about japanese language/ culture while still here in singapore (part time).

Do you think there's a chance that i could get i job in japan? or Should take another course major in language/linguistic in foreign language to be qualify?

Thank you so much for the reply

babymint87
(#599 (permalink))
Old
nert5 (Offline)
New to JF

07-17-2010, 10:51 AM

I am interested going to school in japan. Is it hard to live there if you are a student? Is there work available for someone that has an associates if they are still going to school for a bachelors?
(#600 (permalink))
Old
JamboP26 (Offline)
日本オタク

Send a message via MSN to JamboP26
09-12-2010, 10:52 AM

@MMM - You said, to live in Japan, you need to have done 4 years of college, i.e. a 4-year course. Would you be eligible to live there with 3 years of college & 2 years of university? I am currently studying HND IT at college (my third year), with the goal of 'jumping' into the 3rd year (of a 4-year course) at university. Apparently, after completing the HND course, you can jump into the 3rd year of university, instead of starting from the first year. Please reply soon

I'm a Cafe-kko, Nyappy in the World. But GazeRock is not dead. 「Sixth Gun」です

An Cafe, Vidoll, Versailles, Dir En Grey, Deathgaze, the GazettE, alice nine., UVERworld, Kiryu , YUI, AKB48, Buono!, Berryz Koubou, C-ute, S/mileage, Morning Musume, Zoro, Lolita23Q, Visual Kei, Oshare Kei, J-Rock, J-Pop, Idol groups FTW (≧∀≦)