LinkBack Thread Tools
(#111 (permalink))
Old
ozkai (Offline)
X Kyoto

05-12-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar View Post
The point is you WON'T get a work visa in Japan without a degree period. Now it doesn't matter what the degree is in.

It doesn't matter that the job may not require it, the gov't DOES !

Only way around that is to marry a national.

Even if a company was willing to vouch for you it wouldn't matter.

Immigration is pretty strict that way, it sucks but that's the way it is.
That's interesting..

When I went, albeit on a spouse visa five years ago.

My first job I applied for was a full time English teacher, I knew jack all about the job, I couldn't believe I got it!

As it turned out, the other full time colleague form the US, also had no idea about teaching.

I was shaking like shi* the first day I started!

I soon picked things up and form then on, I could land a job with ease, and maintain that job and demand my pay limits.

If anyone doesn't have a degree and want to live in Japan, head to Bangkok for a teaching stint first, buy a degree in Khao san road, and then pursue Japan with English teaching experience..

I guess it also depends on each individual. Some people just cannot crack the English teaching thing..

I ended up selling online with a very successful product which was a limited edition Japan only release, if someone wanted it internationally, they knew to contact me.

I purchased a hosue and apartment within three years in Australia form that business.. Not sure if things are still the same as I had it in Japan...

Cheers - Oz