LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-24-2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampireGirl1314 View Post
I plan on moving to Tokyo Japan that is where i want to move when i turn 18 i still have 4 years to wait until i can move out of the house and learn to read Japanese and speak Japanese.>^_^<
So you think you can just go out and move to a foreign country just like that just because you're 18? So what are you going to do to support yourself there? Getting a visa requires you to be sponsored by a company and that usually requires a bachelor's degree or some useful skill. You still have a lot to learn. Anyway, I just got back from Japan last week and Tokyo ain't all that great. I should have spent less time there and ventured out to other cities more. Maybe you should move to NYC if you want to get out of your little town and try to make it in a big city. Seems like everyone is doing that. That or L.A.
(#32 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-24-2008, 05:43 AM

I don't mind visiting Tokyo, but I wouln't live there if I could live someplace like Kobe, which is a lot smaller and more livable.
(#33 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
06-30-2008, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
the qualifications for most ESL jobs in independant (i.e. not in the public school system) are that you be at least 21 years old and have a college degree of any kind. That's it. Your degree can be anything, you need no experience or education in teaching or ESL. those things help, because, depending on competition, a dude with such experience might look more qualifies. Most of the English techers I knew were young doofases with not a lot of experience. Just find a school or program you like and apply.
I didn't know that. When I manage to get into JET (I'm going to remain optimistic), and it turns out I really enjoy being in Japan and would like to pursue a full-on teaching job of English language, I will definitely look into it.