are there mexicans in japan - 07-01-2008, 08:13 PM

if so how come you end up in japan
como es que terminaste asta aya

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Sanchome (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

I have met very few Mexicans living in Tokyo (there are tourists from Mexico, of course). One of the guys who I did meet was working at a Mexican restaurant and he told me that he came to Japan because it was easier for him to get a Japanese visa than an American visa.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

07-02-2008, 07:06 PM

We need more Mexicans in Japan!!

More taquerias would be nice...

Anyways, the ones I've met were either chefs or musicians who play at Mexican restaurants.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
07-02-2008, 07:26 PM

Not to sound racist or anything, but I'd probably get really irritated if I went all the way to Japan and heard Spanish...

I would think, "As if I don't hear that often enough at home, when I go on vacation to get away from everything that is 'home', I have to hear it here, too! >_< "

Out of curiosity, how popular is Mexican food in Japan? Is it near as prolific as it is hear in California? Do they Japan-ify the Mexican food like McDonald's has done?

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-02-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amnell View Post
Not to sound racist or anything, but I'd probably get really irritated if I went all the way to Japan and heard Spanish...

I would think, "As if I don't hear that often enough at home, when I go on vacation to get away from everything that is 'home', I have to hear it here, too! >_< "

Out of curiosity, how popular is Mexican food in Japan? Is it near as prolific as it is hear in California? Do they Japan-ify the Mexican food like McDonald's has done?
I love it when people say "Not to sound racist" and then proceed to say something incredibly racist.

But to answer your question:
I don't ever remember seeing Mexican food in Japan. The closest thing (goegraphically) was Brazillian food.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
cami71213 (Offline)
Uh Believer

Send a message via AIM to cami71213 Send a message via MSN to cami71213 Send a message via Yahoo to cami71213
07-02-2008, 10:49 PM

I'm Mexican! I wanna live in Japan. Lol. But I don't wanna turn it into Mexico! Hahaha. But yeah it would be cool if I went to Japan and saw a Mexican restraunt. How interesting!

Camille
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jrocka83 (Offline)
Gaikokujin

Send a message via Yahoo to jrocka83 Send a message via Skype™ to jrocka83
07-02-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:

Maybe, when you come over to Japan. Your english would be really Frik'n anoying. Not to be racist..

There are plenty of mexicans in Japan, mostly round the U.S. Millitary bases. 100s of Resturaunts in Okinawa. Even Okinawa has adopetd there own mexican dish. They call it Taco Rice

Peace...
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Amnell (Offline)
W.o.W. I'm 66

Send a message via AIM to Amnell Send a message via Skype™ to Amnell
07-03-2008, 01:18 AM

Not that I don't understand the replies, but I'm really not trying to be racist! My problem isn't with Mexicans. I just wouldn't expect to travel to the other side of the world and then hear the same (foriegn) language I hear at home XD ^_^;;; .

That's like taking a sip of Coke when you're really craving a cold Coke to find out that it's Pepsi! Or taking a Spanish class where the teacher doesn't ever speak Spanish to the class. Or as the song says, "A free ride when you've already paid." Learning that Visual Kei ACTUALLY got started in Madagascar--that would get a lot of people to go "wtf???", I'm sure! Thank god that's not true...

If Spanish were the language I wanted to hear, I could go out, drive West on the freeway for a half hour, and be in the middle of the Hispanic district in my city. Not that I would need to even go that far--I live in California, so all I'd really have to do is go outside to the public streets.

"The trouble with trying to make something idiot proof is that idiots are so smart." ~A corollary to Murphy's Law

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you actually make them think, they'll hate you. ~Don Marquis

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle
But, that's always f-ed up individuals that kill in secluded areas up high in the mountains. Thats neither the army nor the governments agenda! I hope those people rott in hell, but an army or government shouldn't be judged by psycho individuals.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Suki (Offline)
armed with a mind

Send a message via MSN to Suki
07-03-2008, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Not that I don't understand the replies, but I'm really not trying to be racist! My problem isn't with Mexicans. I just wouldn't expect to travel to the other side of the world and then hear the same (foriegn) language I hear at home XD ^_^;;;
I'm guessing you don't travel much then.

I've been to quite a lot of places myself and I have always found other tourists from my country.

Moreover, with English being your native language (is it?), you're gonna come across a bunch of people who speak the language you normally hear at home everywhere in the world, no matter where you go to, which -in my opinion- is a good thing and I don't even want to think about how hard it'd be to get around if English was only spoken in English-speaking countries.

everything is relative and contradictory ~
(#10 (permalink))
Old
thalia4 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Location: Somewhere in the world maybe JP. " A fatal attraction to CUTENESS" HL
07-03-2008, 09:57 PM

hey I want to go to japan.

Abdc
*Quest Crew & Beat Freaks*
*Fan of the Cocky Guys & So real*
*GACKT FAN CLUB ME & VAMPIRE CLAN*
NARUTO FAN CLUB FAMILY
Me(sakura), Narutoluvr(misa),zachart(Ichigo),ariana,Silveremperial(sora)kiyuga(nara),sm ilexfreak7( vampire princess),xrachellex (Miyuki),rukamency,lulu,totorono,Auran,Orihimegirl,katchan6 (mello),Sakurasan, KittyKyo,drummachick