JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Teaching English in the JP (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/1773-teaching-english-jp.html)

jasonbvr 01-12-2007 07:14 AM

Teaching English in the JP

Hello, my name is Jason. I am an ALT (assistant language instructor) in Gunma prefecture. If you are interested in teaching English in Japan, this thread is for you. There was previously a separate word document to accompany the info in this thread, but now the thread pretty much covers it all. If you have any questions about finding a teaching job, feel free to post them here. If you are teaching, please share your experiences and knowledge with the rest of us. Thanks for reading, ja ne...

ithinkimturningjapanese 01-12-2007 07:41 PM

I just got the information from you and it is amazingly helpful. I will be looking into becoming a ALT as soon as possible then staying in japan for a long time
thank you again
Justin

aldine 01-13-2007 03:42 AM

msg deleted

housecat 01-13-2007 08:44 PM

Well, uhem, I can't seem to figure out how to PM :o . Jasonbvm, this thread's OP, sent me a private message that I replied to, but can't tell if he's gotten that reply. I'm very interested in more information! Ohayosensei is wonderful, by the way. Please reply to me, or tell my how to PM. I can't see an option for it. Thankx.:o

Kasumi89 01-13-2007 08:53 PM

hmmm....I can help if you want!

housecat 01-13-2007 08:55 PM

okay, that'd be great! How can you help? With information about teaching in Japan, or information about how to pm?

Kasumi89 01-13-2007 08:59 PM

PMing help.lolz

housecat 01-13-2007 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kasumi89 (Post 22727)
PMing help.lolz

Great! then give it up. What's the secret? How do I PM him? I can't find a option to PM anyone.

Kasumi89 01-13-2007 09:11 PM

ok. Ususllay when you click on a name for who is on you get their page.
You will get their picture on the top left and below that you get this add to buddy list and over on the right add to ignore list.Below that you get Fourm info and contact info. Look at contact info and you will see Email and Private message. Now PM stands for Private Message, so click the blue letters Send Private Message and then you can type to them. Be sure that when you are done tying to click send, sometimes I click preview message and click out. lolz. When you get a message, you can check by scrolliong to the top after you click on the Japan Forum name you get your picture and under that is Private messahes and it shows how many you have. Click Private messages and you get a list of all the messages you have. If you have a new one its a gold and if you have looked at it its blue and if you have responded it is blue and has arrows. To tell if you have sent a message you look for a little box that says inbox(#of messages) and click that and go to sent items and that will tell you the thinhs you have sent.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me!

jasonbvr 01-14-2007 11:42 PM

Also, if anyone wants me to take a look at their resume and cover letter before sending it off, just email me to me. But you may want to message me through JF just to make sure I actually check my mail. And if I didn't mention it before or in the document, you want to apply to about twenty different positions and tailor your cover letter to what they are looking for and any contact info they have listed. Peace!