LinkBack Thread Tools
(#331 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-27-2008, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I am very nice to people that want advice and need help and speak in reasonable terms. But it is sometimes easier to break down ignorance and borderline racism with a baseball bat than it is with a feather.
Yeah, he was even nominated as most helpful member!
(#332 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
07-28-2008, 11:49 AM

Wow im truly wondering if people think before they speak or in this case post. If some of the misconceptions of people here are like this about Japan they would have a hard time going anywhere. Im well travlled and i can tell you most of the stigma's and sterotypes people have about a country are either false or grossly over exaggerated and that includes Japan. Some people should think about how they react to foreigners in their country. We Americans have no room to talk about racism within another countries boarders till we deal with it in our own country. Ignorance is not always bliss sometimes it very very annoying.
(#333 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

07-28-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Ignorance is not always bliss sometimes it very very annoying.
Can't argue with that!
(#334 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

07-29-2008, 05:08 PM

I was really disappointed to hear about this today. Seems like this is happening more frequently in Japan lately although i cant say its become a serious problem but its definitely become more high profile in which these things happen. Im posted it here since the title of thread was whats bad in Japan. Keep mind this could happen anywhere not just Japan. I thought it would make for an interesting read.

Woman goes on stabbing spree in Japan - Asia-Pacific - MSNBC.com

(#335 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I was really disappointed to hear about this today. Seems like this is happening more frequently in Japan lately although i cant say its become a serious problem but its definitely become more high profile in which these things happen. Im posted it here since the title of thread was whats bad in Japan. Keep mind this could happen anywhere not just Japan. I thought it would make for an interesting read.

If you want to kill yourself please do it in the comfort and privacy of your own home with a tarp lying underneath
(#336 (permalink))
Old
clairebear (Offline)

07-29-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:

Grr, the website isnt loading for me. [my computer sucks]

I'm curious to what happened :/
(#337 (permalink))
Old
rina26 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

07-29-2008, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
Grr, the website isnt loading for me. [my computer sucks]

I'm curious to what happened :/
Copied and pasted:

TOKYO - A Japanese woman went on a stabbing rampage at a crowded train station, wounding seven men after failing to slash her own wrist, police said Tuesday.

The woman attempted to cut her wrist with an army knife at a shopping mall Monday night near the train station in Hiratsuka, 43 miles southwest of Tokyo, but someone bumped into her and she became angry, said police official Hidetoshi Yukitake.

"She was screaming as she was slashing people at random," Yukitake said.
None of the seven men stabbed were seriously injured, he said.

The woman was arrested at the scene after being overpowered by onlookers.

"She said she was frustrated. She was also angry at her father," Yukitake said.

The stabbing was the latest in a spate of similar attacks in Japan.

Seven people were killed in Tokyo's Akihabara shopping district on June 8 when a man slammed a truck into a crowd of people, jumped out and began stabbing passers-by at random.
(#338 (permalink))
Old
Sinestra (Offline)
ショ ン

07-29-2008, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rina26 View Post
If you want to kill yourself please do it in the comfort and privacy of your own home with a tarp lying underneath
So damn true the weird thing is she was going t kill herself till someone bumped in to her apparently ruining it for her so she started slashing.

(#339 (permalink))
Old
joker8880231 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2008, 09:46 PM

Japanese are clever little bastards if you dont watch yourself the first chance they get they will screw you over just the way things are over there. Everything in Japan is expensive especially in Tokyo.
(#340 (permalink))
Old
joker8880231 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-09-2008, 09:48 PM

I love people that go to Japan just because they like anime and realize when they get there its not how they thought it would be. Those people usually become bitter and come to hate Japan.