JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#461 (permalink))
Old
KuwaiiAva (Offline)
New to JF

03-14-2011, 07:10 PM

even though am hearing some negative things being said about foreignor's, I still want to experience life there and meet japanese people and get to know their culture even if some will be racist towards me.
(#462 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-14-2011, 10:34 PM

Well what could be worse in Japan than this?

Let's just hope it's a once a generation thing. Let's move on,there's enough opportunities to discuss the tsunami

Ryuurui,I know two girls at college who are just as non-assertive as that.
(#463 (permalink))
Old
Crystalline (Offline)
New to JF

03-29-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
What`s bad in Japan? Where do you want me to start?
Firstly, it’s probably the most racist country I’ve ever seen. It is not at all uncommon for people to rush on to a packed train, see that I’m a gaigin and head for another seat or stand up rather than sit next to me. The kind of racism I’m talking about is not overt but just accepted. We - by which I mean all foreigners - are second class to them.
Then there is the insincerity of the Japanese in business. Forget all this honour stuff, there is none. They will happily screw you over the first chance they get. They are a very insincere race and, frankly, not very trustworthy.
Then there is this myth of the Japanese being the politest people in the world - rubbish! I have seen more rude and inconsiderate behaviour in this country than anywhere I have ever been - and I am very well traveled. OK, if you go into a restaurant or shop, the service is always good and they always have a smile on their face...but this is them making money. Again, very insincere.
Then, they are just really weird. Every other night, there is a story on TV about someone chopping his sister up and putting her in plastic bags in the bottom of their wardrobe or a wife killing her husband and carrying his head on the train to dump it somewhere. Trust me, they are sick.

To be honest, I don’t understand why you are all so fascinated with this place. I promise you, you would not feel this way if you lived here.

...Public transport is awesome, though.

it appears to me that you had a bad experience there. It is still no reason to state that EVERYONE there is racist, or that all those things that you went through are what japan is made of.

I have alot of friends in japan, some of them who are also foreigners like me, and they have never had any "racist" based experiences. Neighbours, co-workers, friends, they all treat them kindly.

Just like someone said in this thread: Japan has its ups and downs, But when compared to other countries out there, it has ALOT of good thing that most western countries couldn´t even dream of having.

It´s all up to one´s personal opinion.

I myself just love it. I even prefer it over my native country.
(#464 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-29-2011, 09:17 PM

Japan has a certain warmth to it and I want to live in a positive rather than a negative society. Those are my two main reasons for wanting to live there.
(#465 (permalink))
Old
tenmins (Offline)
JF Regular

03-29-2011, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloobey View Post
they are just really weird. Every other night, there is a story on TV about someone chopping his sister up and putting her in plastic bags in the bottom of their wardrobe or a wife killing her husband and carrying his head on the train to dump it somewhere. Trust me, they are sick.
Harsh words mate. I agree there is some nasty stuff going on in Japan these days mainly due to the extreme social pressures that many people are under such as school kids being scorned if they aren't top of the class, business men on average salaries being driven to compete with the "Tanakas" next door to get a better car, suit, house etc...

But these are relatively rare events that are jumped on by the Japanese media which make it seem like it's happening everywhere. All in all your average Japanese citizen is just trying to make ends meet like the rest of us, and looking forward to that tall cold glass of Asahi at the end of the working day.

Less is more...

http://www.tenmins.com

Last edited by tenmins : 03-29-2011 at 11:28 PM.
(#466 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

03-30-2011, 04:52 AM

The worst thing about Japan is DEFINITELY the white foreigners who live here and feel entitled to it!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#467 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-30-2011, 08:15 AM

The worst thing is the otaku on Nico Nico Douga. God.
(#468 (permalink))
Old
RealJames (Offline)
ボケ外人

03-30-2011, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokusatsufan View Post
The worst thing is the otaku on Nico Nico Douga. God.
LOL!! OK yeah you win!

マンツーマン 英会話 神戸 三宮 リアライズ -James- This is my life and why I know things about Japan.
(#469 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

03-31-2011, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsygypsy View Post
Bad thing about Japan? What I don't like the most is that Japanese girls try really hard not to fart out in front of their boyfriends. You know what that causes? They fart out a lot while sleeping. So does my girlfriend. lol I gotta take futon off of my bed to let gas go out as long as we sleep in the same bed.
I want them to fart out when they are awake rather than when they're sleeping.
LOL!!! .. well it's not lady like to fart in public hahahah

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#470 (permalink))
Old
tokusatsufan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-31-2011, 07:59 AM

Just don't worry about it. Fart right in people's faces if you have to. You'll probably at least get a boyfriend with a fart fetish that way.