JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
scottintexas (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs up Watch American TV in Japan (NFL Games) LIVE and for no monthly cost! - 08-27-2008, 03:51 PM

I am a former 15 year resident of Japan and I recently found a really cool tool that makes it possible for someone living in Japan to watch U.S. television and for someone in the U.S. to watch Japan television, and there is NO MONTHLY charge for this.

You just have to have cable or satellite tv and have a tuner/digital video recorder and high speed internet.

Then you have to find a host in the country's whose TV you want to watch and do a swap. You connect one of these boxes to your tv and also to your internet (no dial-up) and I do the same, then we can watch each other's programming. The ideal way to do this is to basically record programs to the hard drive and watch them later.

If anyone is interested in swapping with me and you are willing to invest in the box (about 30,000 yen), send me an email. scottintexas(at)gmail(dot)com.

I have the NFL Sunday Ticket, which means you could watch nearly every NFL game every Sunday (Monday a.m. in Japan) all season long (LIVE or recorded).

I am confident I will find someone soon, so be the first one to contact me!

Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg directv.JPG (2.3 KB, 11 views)