JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

Music store, Tokyo - 09-12-2008, 11:47 PM

Hey,

I'd like to hear if anyone knows of a (or several) good store(s) in Tokyo where I can buy a acoustic guitar (if they got harmonicas too, it's a plus). Thing is I'd like most to find someplace selling used ones (guitars) so I don't have to put up so much money, if possible.

I just really found the big Yahama store in Shibuya when I looked a few days ago. It was nice and all, and they had some guitars that weren't super expensive, but still I'd rather buy an used one since I'm only gonna be here for a year and probably won't bother taking it home.

I am not looking for anything fancy, just an okay acoustic with allright sound!

Anyways all help will be greatly appreciated.

なんでやねん!

Last edited by Henbaka : 09-12-2008 at 11:50 PM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NTREEG (Offline)
JF Regular

09-13-2008, 01:50 AM

I've seen 2 music stores in Shinjuku. It's hard to describe where they are though and I can't remember their names. From Shinjuku station's East entrance, if you turn right and go to the area near Sakura and Bic Camera, there's an area where there's a McDonalds and Wendy's right across the street from each other. Maybe a block or two away from there (but possibly on another street) there's a store selling nothing but guitars.

There's also another music store not too far from Iseten and Marui (OI) City department stores. They sell all kinds of instruments there. I'll likely be heading into Shinjuku some time today so I'll try to get the names of the stores and some more detailed directions for you.

People also say Ochanomizu has a ton of guitar stores. I've been to Ochanomizu often but I've yet to see those stores. However, I've never been looking for them either.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

09-13-2008, 02:54 AM

Thanks for the help, Ill try to find out more about those!

Edit: Ochanomizu seems like the shit. Ill go down there and check it out!

Edit2: Went down there today. And yes, if one wants to buy a guitar in Tokyo this is probably the place to be Didn't get me one today because I was kinda overwhelmed lol. Going back soon methinks !

なんでやねん!

Last edited by Henbaka : 09-13-2008 at 10:56 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
NTREEG (Offline)
JF Regular

09-13-2008, 03:02 PM

Okay, I've got some info for you on those 2 music stores in Shinjuku.

The first one's called Ishibashi Music. Here's their website: http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/
To get there, exit out of Shinjuku Station's East entrance (higashi guchi). In front of you will be a main street. Take that street to the right and walk for about 5 blocks. The store will be on your left. Across the street will be Marui City (OI City) department store and the Wald9 Cinema. Here's a pic of the store:

The second store's called Rock Inn. Here's their website:
http://www.rockinn.co.jp/index.html
To get there, exit out of Shinjuku Station's East entrance (higashi guchi). Immediately to your right will be a Yodobashi electronics store. Make a right at the Yodobashi store. Take the side walk down 2 streets and make a left at the United Colors of Benneton store. About a block and a half down there will be a McDonald's on your left and a Wendy's right across the street from it on your right. Keep walking past those restaurants and make a right at the next corner. One street in front of you should be the Rock Inn store. It's across the street from the big IDC Otsuka furniture store. Here's a pic of the store:
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

09-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Thanks alot for that!

なんでやねん!
(#6 (permalink))
Old
kyo_9 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via Yahoo to kyo_9