JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you live/or have you lived in Japan???
Yes XD 10 30.30%
No XP 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
TofuuMonkee (Offline)
Pull your pants down

Send a message via MSN to TofuuMonkee
09-23-2008, 01:54 AM

*Sigh* What's the point.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-23-2008, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuuMonkee View Post
*Sigh* What's the point.
I try to help, and you tell me not to be rude. I don't mind if you disagree with my posts, but I was, I thought, being kind and helpful.

Trust me, you'll know when I'm being rude.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
TofuuMonkee (Offline)
Pull your pants down

09-23-2008, 01:59 AM

I'm sorry Okay...Let's just end it. I wrote you a message as well. Now I have to eat dinner
(#24 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

09-24-2008, 04:42 AM

アホジャナイのオマエ!!! バカバカシ。。

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#25 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

09-24-2008, 04:57 AM

perhaps it is easier if u ask a more direct question.
general tips could be anything from "wear clothes" to "there is a dead angle to your right in the street where i live, therefore u better be careful when u cross the street".

my best tip is be kind to ppl.

i hope i am not being rude, even though i have been accused of that on numerous occasions, and probably rightfully so too.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-24-2008, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuuMonkee View Post
Everyone needs to loosen their pants.
I think the expression you're looking for is "loosen their ties".

Do you have a college degree?
Do you have any marketable skills?
Do you have the type of employment record that a boss would say "Hey, this guy is worth the trouble of shipping over from America" or wherever you're from?

If you answered "No" to two or more of these things, congratulations, you're going to be a "teacher" or nothing at all. Contrary to what people might believe, you can't just fly over to Japan and hope everything will fall into place. I've actually read a post on a forum saying "My dream is to wander the Japanese countryside, doing farm work in exchange for martial arts lessons." Kids these days. Mind = blown

Ask yourself "Am I worth it to a Japanese company?"

Have you ever been to Japan?

If no, ask yourself "Why in the hell am I considering moving to a country I know little to nothing about? (Anime, Japanese friend, and internet experience do not count)

As a soldier, I can apply for a post in Japan You can try that too!

I'll admit, from the shrines and temples, the beaches and mountains, even the cities and districts, the photos make Japan look magical. A lesser man than me might say ~moe~. I, too, once felt the tide of otaku dreaming rising inside me. Then, I got real. It's a place where people work, sleep, eat, sh*t, and go about their daily lives. Visit first. If you like it, do what needs to be done. If you love it enough, get over yourself and take a teaching position.

Or you could do like me and bring a little piece of Japan home with you *wink wink*

Protip: I'm not rude, I'm being real with you. That's so much nicer than sugar coating it, don't you think?

Last edited by Keaton421 : 09-24-2008 at 06:17 AM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-25-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post

Do you have the type of employment record that a boss would say "Hey, this guy is worth the trouble of shipping over from America" or wherever you're from?

If you answered "No" to two or more of these things, congratulations, you're going to be a "teacher" or nothing at all. Contrary to what people might believe, you can't just fly over to Japan and hope everything will fall into place. I've actually read a post on a forum saying "My dream is to wander the Japanese countryside, doing farm work in exchange for martial arts lessons." Kids these days. Mind = blown

If no, ask yourself "Why in the hell am I considering moving to a country I know little to nothing about? (Anime, Japanese friend, and internet experience do not count)

I'll admit, from the shrines and temples, the beaches and mountains, even the cities and districts, the photos make Japan look magical. A lesser man than me might say ~moe~. I, too, once felt the tide of otaku dreaming rising inside me. Then, I got real. It's a place where people work, sleep, eat, sh*t, and go about their daily lives. Visit first. If you like it, do what needs to be done. If you love it enough, get over yourself and take a teaching position.

Or you could do like me and bring a little piece of Japan home with you *wink wink*

Protip: I'm not rude, I'm being real with you. That's so much nicer than sugar coating it, don't you think?
Nice.. I love your reply! You should go and read up on the Grade 10 welder thread and the "Graduate from college" thread... i am sure you will have something intelligent to contribute
(#28 (permalink))
Old
TofuuMonkee (Offline)
Pull your pants down

09-25-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post

Thanks for that. It was helpful I suppose, but I actually meant "Loosen your pants." It sounds better in my opinion. Anywho, I am still a highschool student and I never stated that I wanted to move to Japan. Of course, everyone thinks that is the case XP Thanks again.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-25-2008, 11:48 PM

Sure thing, I just don't want you setting yourself up for disappointment Graduate from college (hell, take a japanese exchange trip) or get really good at something and you're on your way

And thanks Godwine, I'll be checking in there too