JapanForum.com  

View Poll Results: Do you live/or have you lived in Japan???
Yes XD 10 30.30%
No XP 23 69.70%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
TofuuMonkee (Offline)
Pull your pants down

Send a message via MSN to TofuuMonkee
Question Jobs In Japan...Confused? - 09-22-2008, 01:20 AM

I've looked at some of the current threads in the "Living in Japan" section pertaining to jobs and I haven't really found them helpful.
I know that it's better to have some sort of degree in Japan and also teaching English seems to be a very suitable job to those fluent in the language and also interested in living in Japan, but I don't find the whole teaching others English thing very interesting or enjoyable.
I suppose what I am trying to get at is that I am curious what other jobs someone from America or Canada could get when living in Japan. At the moment, I am just interested in visiting Japan, but in the future, if I was to settle down in Tokyo or some other area in Japan, I would want to make sure that I could make a living and survive.
I'm sure others are as curious as me and would find any information useful. I appreciate the help that you might be able, so please, if you have any information, past experiences, tips, etc. Please share!
Forever Grateful.
TofuuMonkee
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2008, 01:27 AM

Just so we aren't repeating ourselves, did you read these threads?

Career choices in Japan and living there.

Possible careers

Graduate from college if you want to live in Japan.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
TofuuMonkee (Offline)
Pull your pants down

Send a message via MSN to TofuuMonkee
09-22-2008, 01:29 AM

Ooo....Well, I read one by you and didn't like it lol, but I'll check them all out. Sorry. Don't have to be rude though, k?
Thank you.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
reihiino (Offline)
The North Remembers

09-22-2008, 01:47 AM

how was he rude? he gave you links to threads that would help you in your plans for Japan.

s the 10th doctor
s Verbal & Taku
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2008, 01:53 AM

Why do I even try?

Enjoy your job search.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-22-2008, 02:40 AM

Plenty of people want a free ride to Japan. You're not alone, and there's a huge amount of information on this series of tubes. Try the search function or google

English "teachers"
Company transfers
etc.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
biginjapan (Offline)
JF Regular

09-22-2008, 03:00 AM

Why don't you visit before deciding to live there? I can't understand this idea of wanting to move somewhere you've never been.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-22-2008, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biginjapan View Post
Why don't you visit before deciding to live there? I can't understand this idea of wanting to move somewhere you've never been.
Because once you've been to a place for any length of time it begins to lose it's magic. You start to realize that it is just a place where people live and work, not so much unlike the place you live and work now.

Why Japan? For the most part, I can understand someone really wanting to visit here, but it's not so easy to understand why someone would want to live here.

So many people think of Japan as a place to escape to. People who are unhappy with school, family, or life in general, and somehow think that going to a place where they aren't familiar with the food, culture, or language will somehow make them happy. I'm sorry to say, but "Happiness" isn't a place you can find on a map.

Japan is not like anime or manga. Why do you think such things are popular here? Because they provide an escape from everyday Japanese life. You'll see middle-aged salarymen reading comic books on the train after a 12 hour workday. If you told one of them that you wanted to move to Japan from America, Australia, or Europe, they would probably tell you that you were crazy to want to move from such wonderful places to come here.

I moved to Japan after taking three long vacations here. I've been to other places where I don't speak the language or understand the culture, so Japan was not a shock to me. Moving to Japan wasn't an escape for me, it was merely a move.

For all that, I enjoy the culture and the history of Japan. I take weekend trips each week to see and experience different places, but I took such trips when I lived in America, Europe, Africa, and the Middle-East. Get out and see what your own country has to offer before leaving it for another.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-22-2008, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TofuuMonkee View Post
Ooo....Well, I read one by you and didn't like it lol, but I'll check them all out. Sorry. Don't have to be rude though, k?
Thank you.
This made me laugh.
I`ll take it to mean that "Reality is not to my liking - I want someone to tell me pretty things instead of what I really need to know."

MMM writes truth, and I`ve rarely seen him be rude at all unless it was deserved. He`s nicer than I am, to say the least.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-22-2008, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
This made me laugh.
I`ll take it to mean that "Reality is not to my liking - I want someone to tell me pretty things instead of what I really need to know."

MMM writes truth, and I`ve rarely seen him be rude at all unless it was deserved. He`s nicer than I am, to say the least.
They are coming out of the woodwork today, aren't they, Nyororin?