JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
NekoNekoChan (Offline)
ナイトメア!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to NekoNekoChan
01-29-2007, 06:26 AM

Also, though I've got a general idea, how much yen go's to the american dollar, meaning, exchange rate. Just wondering. I know in japan I'll be making yen, but since I don't live in japan yet, and I do wish to visit japan sometime, I'd like to know.

Also, what is the normal work week(hours and days) and what is minimum wage there?

Life brings death.
Death brings eyes.
Each time we blink
we open our eyes again,
yet, when we blink our last
people will close their eyes and tear.

However, the death will cause people to eventually open their eyes once again.
Become stronger, strive to live as long as they can.
Life brings death.
Death Brings life.

Made by me in 30 seconds(or around there)
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

01-29-2007, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNekoChan View Post
Also, though I've got a general idea, how much yen go's to the american dollar, meaning, exchange rate. Just wondering. I know in japan I'll be making yen, but since I don't live in japan yet, and I do wish to visit japan sometime, I'd like to know.

Also, what is the normal work week(hours and days) and what is minimum wage there?
$1 is about 89.3 I Just think ¥100 is 100 ¢

I think minimum wage is like $5.00 but not sure

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#23 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

01-29-2007, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoNekoChan View Post
And, is it true if you leave the country and re-enter, your visa get's renewed? Meaning, you could just fly out for say, a convenient family trip, and fly back and be able to stay there for another however long?
I think you are talking about the tourist visa which is valid for three months. In that case the answer is yes. If you leave the country then return, you just get another tourist visa coming in. A work visa I believe has to be sponsored by your employer or a proof of employment so the answer in that case would be no.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

01-29-2007, 06:43 AM

the current dollar-yen exchange rate as of today is

$1 - 120.75yen

minimum rate? Last time I know was between 700yen to 1000yen per hour .. am not sure how much right now ( if there is any changes )
(#25 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

01-29-2007, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroneko View Post
$1 is about 89.3 I Just think ¥100 is 100 ¢

I think minimum wage is like $5.00 but not sure
The current exchange rate is 121.42 yen to the US dollar. One easy way to calculate the exchange, go to google and type in 1 usd in yen. Or you can enter the amount of yen and get the US dollar equivalent by typing yen in usd.

Currently, 10,000 yen (a man) equals 80 bucks. At 110 to the dollar, it would be 90 and of course at 100 it would be 100 dollars.

This will make a huge difference when you start changing a lot of money one way or the other. For example if I change 1,000 US to yen right now it would be about 121,000 yen. Then maybe I wait till the dollar falls and the yen strengthens to 110 to the dollar and I have made a hundred dollars switching back and forth.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

01-29-2007, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
The current exchange rate is 121.42 yen to the US dollar. One easy way to calculate the exchange, go to google and type in 1 usd in yen. Or you can enter the amount of yen and get the US dollar equivalent by typing yen in usd.

Currently, 10,000 yen (a man) equals 80 bucks. At 110 to the dollar, it would be 90 and of course at 100 it would be 100 dollars.

This will make a huge difference when you start changing a lot of money one way or the other. For example if I change 1,000 US to yen right now it would be about 121,000 yen. Then maybe I wait till the dollar falls and the yen strengthens to 110 to the dollar and I have made a hundred dollars switching back and forth.
Yeah I had that backwards my bad

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
01-29-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
I have a 3 year visa and a multiple entry re-entry permit valid until the end of my visa. I think that's the max it can get. I am not sure though..
Really? The last time I renewed my visa, they had signs posted everywhere about how they were no longer issuing re-entry permits for over a year, regardless of how long the visa you had was. I was planning to apply for a 3 year re-entry permit when I picked up my visa, but as they were no longer issuing anything longer than a year, I didn`t bother.

Quote:
5 years? Is it only applicable for those married to Japanese nationals? Cause I know some people who are single and they were required to live here for at least 10years. One was even denied and the reason was he did not reach 10years yet. After about 8 months I guess, he re-applied and was granted.
Now that I looked into it, yes, it is for if you`re married. Oops. I`m married to a Japanese national, so I`ve never so much as looked at the requirements for if you`re not. So, yes, it does seem that you`d have to have lived in Japan for over 10 years before applying if you`re single or married to someone who isn`t Japanese.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
popeyethehomeswinger (Offline)
New to JF

01-29-2007, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
90,000 yen a month may be doable. 40-50,000 rent, 15-20,000 utilities, food with what's left.
then it's settled
you can always manage somehow..

There aint nothing like homeswinging =)
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Vesperd (Offline)
Sit back and Chill.. :]

01-29-2007, 12:20 PM

Im thinking around 250,000 if you want to live with the basics, in a city like Tokyo

2006 - Japanforum, remember it.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
popeyethehomeswinger (Offline)
New to JF

01-29-2007, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperd View Post
Im thinking around 250,000 if you want to live with the basics, in a city like Tokyo
what do you consider "basics" ?

There aint nothing like homeswinging =)