JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
rakashael (Offline)
New to JF

Work Visa ect. - 10-22-2008, 01:45 AM

I've gone to the official Japanese Foreign Affairs website and understand that when I move to Japan, my best bet is a Work Visa. However it is a little unclear to me what exactly that means. By work, as I have read on some of these Threads, they mean already have a job lined up. If that is the case I'm not sure a Work Visa would be the best thing, considering I wouldn't even know where to start to find a job over there... from here that is. As for the college thing, I could transfer from the one I'm going to in the winter.(Maybe) However, the next step in that would mean finding a college that would accept my poor math skills. (Sixth graders out do me in Math) Embarassing, but I am proefficient at everything else. (English, History, Linquistics, Philosophy, Psychology, etc.) Is it at all possible for someone to go to Japan to look for a job? If so, would that entail a different Visa?

Miserability is a figment imagination. Pain is the whole concept of our minds because it makes us question it's reality.

~Rakashael
(#2 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
10-22-2008, 02:01 AM

You can go to Japan on a tourist visa, which is currently good for 3months (90 days) and look for a job to sponsor you. It'll be really hard without already graduating college unless you really really excel at something and speak japanese nearly fluent.

The reason why I say this is because, you're only advantage over a Japanese person is that you speak english. Why would a company choose you to work for them if they can just get a japanese who is 100% fluent in the language and they don't have to pay to sponsor their visa? You understand what I mean? Chances are you'd be in an english-related field, but like I said earlier, you need a degree first and for most.

Unless you wanna stay illegally and try to convince tourists and japanese to come to your hip-hop clothing store and you'll give them a really good discount if they do.

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-22-2008, 02:02 AM

Technically you could "look" for a job with a tourist visa, but employers will not hire you, and you would have to go home before and apply for work from there.

There are tons of websites in English that help people find work in Japan, but I think you need to read this first:

Graduate from college if you want to live in Japan.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

10-22-2008, 02:41 AM

Time and time again people ask this question.

Moving to another country isn't simply buying a plane ticket and finding a job.

Finish college, or develop skills that make you worthy of import. Give up your dream and you might find a reality in Japan.

And if you haven't visited yet, you shouldn't even be thinking about moving there.