Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-23-2008, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
You're both D*** fools.
I lol'd. Hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutsuYakumo View Post
No... No I don't, I hear that from people who are ridiculously clueless.
Methinks we could make use of you. Welcome to JF. 90% of this website is full of people much, much worse than the origional poster of this thread. Maybe you could help us in cleaning this place up?

In regard to the topic.. Don't bother. Go outside, make some friends and try having a life in the country you live in, OP. Then decide. Alternatively, stay here and keep posting so we can lol at you, you D*** fool.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

Send a message via AIM to Arikado Send a message via MSN to Arikado
12-23-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
No... No I don't, I hear that from people who are ridiculously clueless. Yes Japan is a very beautiful place, but you can't appreciate that beauty if you haven't been there in person. I've seen very nice pictures of Malibu, Hawaii, and various other places but that's not a good enough reason for me to move there.

Kid listen to your family and friends. I'm pretty sure they want whats best for you. You don't belong in Japan, you can't love something that you don't know or understand. I've seen plenty of beautiful women and dreamed of being with them, but the truth is I won't, and the healthiest thing to do is just move on. It's okay to like anime, and manga, but don't become obsessed, it's not very becoming.
Really? Sounds like one of the main reasons for someone to want to move someplace to me. I wouldn't want to live somewhere that I thought was ugly and plain right? And I think the reason people move to Hawaii is because it's beautiful (and for the various actives on a side note).

As I recall, his friends and family called him a "D*** fool" for wanting to follow his dreams. Doesn't look like sound advice to me. And saying "he doesn't belong in Japan" makes no sense. Everyone "belongs" wherever they feel like.

Hey now (this is off topic but related), everyone has a chance at "beautiful women" that they dream about, it's about finding the right person.

Member of the Metal Club
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, but a night without moon and star" -孔夫子
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikado View Post
Really? Sounds like one of the main reasons for someone to want to move someplace to me. I wouldn't want to live somewhere that I thought was ugly and plain right? And I think the reason people move to Hawaii is because it's beautiful (and for the various actives on a side note).

As I recall, his friends and family called him a "D*** fool" for wanting to follow his dreams. Doesn't look like sound advice to me. And saying "he doesn't belong in Japan" makes no sense. Everyone "belongs" wherever they feel like.

Hey now (this is off topic but related), everyone has a chance at "beautiful women" that they dream about, it's about finding the right person.

1. A.) Sounds to me like only a douche would move to a place based on cartoons and pictures.
B.) Nobody moves to Hawaii based simply on the fact that it has a nice scenery.

2. A.) His family is correct.
B.) Not everyone belongs wherever they want. If that were the case America wouldn't have so many border issues with Mexico.

3. Finding the right one is not the same as boning the one you can't get.

4. Your argument is becoming less worthy of a response. You have weak foundation, and only a fool supports a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Methinks we could make use of you. Welcome to JF. 90% of this website is full of people much, much worse than the origional poster of this thread. Maybe you could help us in cleaning this place up?
OMFG! it get's worse that this??
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

12-23-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
1. A.) Sounds to me like only a douche would move to a place based on cartoons and pictures.
B.) Nobody moves to Hawaii based simply on the fact that it has a nice scenery.

2. A.) His family is correct.
B.) Not everyone belongs wherever they want. If that were the case America wouldn't have so many border issues with Mexico.

3. Finding the right one is not the same as boning the one you can't get.

4. Your argument is becoming less worthy of a response. You have weak foundation, and only a fool supports a fool.
Quite the cynical fellow aren't you? I guess you have your reasons.

People DO move to Hawaii because it has nice scenery, why can't you get that into your head? If not they would go move somewhere else quiet that isn't a popular tourist spot. People see Hawaii as one big resort, as ignorant as that sounds. It's a life-long vacation to them, it's obviously beautiful, and that's why they move there. It is also ignorant to say that nobody does this.

His family is NOT correct if the only thing they say to him is an insult. I'd like to hear more of their argument for wanting to keep him back besides being blissfully ignorant of the possibilities of the future. What's keeping him out of Japan? Is Japan going to create a blockade with the message, "Keep this guy out of our country at all costs." If he can find a place to live, and he has an income, by god he "belongs" there.

Nice, it's all about "boning" the chicks. I see where you're going with that, and I prefer not to follow that road, thanks. The "right" person is always the most beautiful to you, obviously. If he/she is not, then you've got the wrong one, buddy ;]

Less worthy of response, huh? I guess I'm not good enough for your high standards D: My foundation is concrete. Would you like my thesis to be repeated? I'm talking about you crushing someone's dream without an after-thought. You're right though, nerds should stand up for nerds because we're all HUMAN. Even fools deserve a chance. Fool or not, this guy belongs in the club. Don't treat him like he's inferior or an outsider.

Edit: Lawl at that ignorant post above me.

Member of the Metal Club
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Quite the cynical fellow aren't you? I guess you have your reasons.

People DO move to Hawaii because it has nice scenery, why can't you get that into your head? If not they would go move somewhere else quiet that isn't a popular tourist spot. People see Hawaii as one big resort, as ignorant as that sounds. It's a life-long vacation to them, it's obviously beautiful, and that's why they move there. It is also ignorant to say that nobody does this.

His family is NOT correct if the only thing they say to him is an insult. I'd like to hear more of their argument for wanting to keep him back besides being blissfully ignorant of the possibilities of the future. What's keeping him out of Japan? Is Japan going to create a blockade with the message, "Keep this guy out of our country at all costs." If he can find a place to live, and he has an income, by god he "belongs" there.

Nice, it's all about "boning" the chicks. I see where you're going with that, and I prefer not to follow that road, thanks. The "right" person is always the most beautiful to you, obviously. If he/she is not, then you've got the wrong one, buddy ;]

Less worthy of response, huh? I guess I'm not good enough for your high standards D: My foundation is concrete. Would you like my thesis to be repeated? I'm talking about you crushing someone's dream without an after-thought. You're right though, nerds should stand up for nerds because we're all HUMAN. Even fools deserve a chance. Fool or not, this guy belongs in the club. Don't treat him like he's inferior or an outsider.

Edit: Lawl at that ignorant post above me.

You just don't get it. It's not about crushing someones dream. It's about reality, he has an unhealthy obsession with something that he knows very little about. Someday this kid will look back on this day and thank me. You fail to see the bigger picture, therefore this argument is becoming increasingly futile. Plain and simple, If you want to go to Japan you better have a damn good reason, and know that there is no shortcut, there are people who bust their asses to honor Japanese culture, and this kid is just lusting after it like some kind of perv. You'd understand if it were your culture, but it's not so you don't.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

12-23-2008, 11:05 AM

Quote:
You just don't get it. It's not about crushing someones dream. It's about reality, he has an unhealthy obsession with something that he knows very little about. Someday this kid will look back on this day and thank me. You fail to see the bigger picture, therefore this argument is becoming increasingly futile. Plain and simple, If you want to go to Japan you better have a damn good reason, and know that there is no shortcut, there are people who bust their asses to honor Japanese culture, and this kid is just lusting after it like some kind of perv. You'd understand if it were your culture, but it's not so you don't.
You say that, but your not handing him your reality, you're punching it to his head. If he listen to you, someday he may look back and REGRET not taking the chance to learn more about Japan so that in the future when he's ready and capable, he can make the decision to move there and live his dream. I still fully support that dream, and you can call me stubborn, but I'm going to take a stand and encourage him to look into it more. Like I said, let him decide for himself. Don't force decision on him. Nobody has the right to do that.

Member of the Metal Club
(#27 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
You say that, but your not handing him your reality, you're punching it to his head. If he listen to you, someday he may look back and REGRET not taking the chance to learn more about Japan so that in the future when he's ready and capable, he can make the decision to move there and live his dream. I still fully support that dream, and you can call me stubborn, but I'm going to take a stand and encourage him to look into it more. Like I said, let him decide for himself. Don't force decision on him. Nobody has the right to do that.
You'd understand better if you weren't so busy being so self righteous. Read everything word for word. You're not even defending the kid, your just not backing down for personal reasons. Anyone could see the point I'm making but instead you feel the need to find a reason to disagree. I'm willing to bet money that you care more about this then he does.

Quote:
Plain and simple, If you want to go to Japan you better have a damn good reason, and know that there is no shortcut
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Arikado (Offline)
Elegant Rocker

12-23-2008, 11:53 AM

Quote:
You'd understand better if you weren't so busy being so self righteous. Read everything word for word. You're not even defending the kid, your just not backing down for personal reasons. Anyone could see the point I'm making but instead you feel the need to find a reason to disagree. I'm willing to bet money that you care more about this then he does.
"Self-righteous?" So now standing up for somebody and supporting them is considered self-righteous? What kind of twisted sense of logic is that? You're not even attacking my actual argument anymore, just the way it's presented. I clearly see the point you are trying to make, and I'm disagreeing, what's wrong with that? Isn't that the point of a discussion? And what's this about personal reasons? Where are you pulling this out of? You don't know me, so don't make assumptions about me. You think I'm here just to be self-righteous and personalize everything. Where have you been since the opening post? I shouldn't have to say how sincerely I am trying to support this kid. If you can't see that, that's your problem.

This is his life long dream. What makes you think he doesn't care?

Member of the Metal Club
(#29 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-23-2008, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Read everything word for word. You're not even defending the kid, your just not backing down for personal reasons. Anyone could see the point I'm making but instead you feel the need to find a reason to disagree.
I've read the whole of this conversation.. from the beggining and I agree with every word you have written. Those "personal reasons" you state above are probably because Arikado has the same "dream" lol.

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me

Last edited by SHAD0W : 12-23-2008 at 01:55 PM. Reason: I can't spell for peanuts..
(#30 (permalink))
Old
MutsuYakumo (Offline)
JF Regular

12-23-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
"Self-righteous?" So now standing up for somebody and supporting them is considered self-righteous? What kind of twisted sense of logic is that? You're not even attacking my actual argument anymore, just the way it's presented. I clearly see the point you are trying to make, and I'm disagreeing, what's wrong with that? Isn't that the point of a discussion? And what's this about personal reasons? Where are you pulling this out of? You don't know me, so don't make assumptions about me. You think I'm here just to be self-righteous and personalize everything. Where have you been since the opening post? I shouldn't have to say how sincerely I am trying to support this kid. If you can't see that, that's your problem.

This is his life long dream. What makes you think he doesn't care?
I assumed that you knew what self righteous meant and would see the error of your ways, but I guess I have to hold your hand like a child and walk you through this. You saw me respond in a "mean" way and you felt that you could go into a war of wits against me, and look like a hero or something. However things haven't really gone the way you planned so you continue to argue so you won't look bad. So you either continue to argue out of wounded pride, or maybe because your dreams are one in the same. Either way you have to be the only one who refuses to grow up and see what's actually going on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
Those "personal reasons" you state above are probably because Arikado has the same "dream" lol.
That is quite possibly the most logically sound observation that I have read on this website, maybe ever.