JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-05-2009, 10:14 AM

Most Masters in Science are in English! By most, I mean there are many many many. English is very important in the field of Science!

The main thing you should be concerned about it Why Japan. As MMM said, a reputation in Japan doesn't equal the reputation abroad. Even universities like Tokyo and Kyoto are usually not as well ranked as the number 10 or 11 university in the UK or US.

Last edited by noodle : 01-05-2009 at 10:24 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Mazen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Mazen
01-05-2009, 04:39 PM

Thanks everyone for replies.

In fact, it was a challenge for me to begin learning a new language (considered one of the hardest in my society) and I have always admired Japanese interest in Technology and Engineering. We have many stories in our educational courses about Japanese talents who left Japan to get the knowledge necessary to achieve development in technical realms in Japan, I've seen them as idols.

I think my society now needs from us to do the same. It's okey till now that Japan isn't the most suitable choice for me, but I'm thinking also about the gap between our middle east countries and Japan, and how all the documents or economical relationships between middle east and Japan are documented in English ( neither our native language, nor in Japanese ). Maybe I will be a ring in a chain that links Japan to Middle East in scientific realms that deepen our co-operation and benefitial relation for both sides.

I made it long for you, but it's the way it really is.

I'm really interested in contact with all members concerned about scientific or engineering topics, and I dream of specifying a section in Japan Forum about it.