LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Mazen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Mazen
Please Help... Where in Japan is the best Univ for me ? - 01-02-2009, 04:27 PM

Dear everyone,

I'm a Biomedical Engineering student trying to get a chance to study in Japan as a Postgraduate student. I'm so confused about it. Which university should I apply for ? and which one is the most reasonable to attend (Fees, living , etc? ) As long as I'm anxious that I'm not accepted in Japan because it reclaims me to be 10 handed, 100 brained man to study in such a realm of science ( Biosignal Processing ) that I wish to study.

I've attended the JLPT level 3 this year, and I intend to apply for the Level 2 next year, and I still have 2 years to graduate from my university. So, any help to make me well prepared for Japan Postgraduate Scholarships and Life ?

Thank You everyone
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-02-2009, 04:34 PM

I am curious why you would want to study something so technical outside of your native language. I would certainly expect you would need JLPT 1 to be able to get a masters in such a field.

Last edited by MMM : 01-02-2009 at 04:45 PM.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
01-03-2009, 03:31 AM

Yea, I am curious as to why myself.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-03-2009, 02:12 PM

I guess hands down for Todai

But to MMM's point, post graduate studies are better done in a language that you are comfortable and proficient at.

Myself as an example, English is technically my third language, Chinese and Japanese are my first and second language, (age 1-7 in HK, 8-10 in Japan), then I moved to Canada when I was 11. So technically, English WAS a language that I am comfortable with for the longest time.

When I was doing my master (Also a technical discipline), I almost got killed writing various research paper and my final thesis. The technical aspect of it wasn't it at all, it was the language.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
01-03-2009, 06:27 PM

^^^ Oh jeez, well glad to see it went through ok.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Mazen (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via Yahoo to Mazen
01-05-2009, 12:15 AM

Well, thanks for everyone for replying me
I will work on getting the JLPT1 so hard, but I'm really in need to know more about technical realms in Japaese Universities. ( and I need to study there because those realms are not well supported in my university in my home country, and it's not one of the G8 like Japan ot the US ).
I need to contact with engineering students or graduates, and thankful to you.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

01-05-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazen View Post
Well, thanks for everyone for replying me
I will work on getting the JLPT1 so hard, but I'm really in need to know more about technical realms in Japaese Universities. ( and I need to study there because those realms are not well supported in my university in my home country, and it's not one of the G8 like Japan ot the US ).
I need to contact with engineering students or graduates, and thankful to you.
UK Universities are great for Bio Medical science degrees, and it is a G8 country. My friend has graduated in this field and he studied in the same University that I am currently attending. Like many others have said you are better off studying in the language you are more comfortable with.

The US and UK would probably be more suitable for your studies. Once you have graduated you could try to work in Japan. If anything your probably making things difficult for yourself if you try to study in a language you don't understand.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-05-2009, 04:58 AM

And another point is that even if a college is reputable in Japan (assuming you can get in) that doesn't mean it is reputable anywhere else in the world, unless you are going to Tokyo University or Kyoto University. You could actually be limiting yourself by choosing a Japanese college.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

01-05-2009, 05:20 AM

for science in general, tsukuba and kyoto uni are said to be good.
i myself have no idea.

六甲颪(おろし)に 颯爽(さっそう)と
蒼天(そうてん)翔(か)ける日輪(にちりん)の
青春の覇気 美(うるわ)しく
輝く我が名ぞ 阪神タイガース
※オウ オウ オウオウ 阪神タイガース フレ フレ フレフレ
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Rogozhin (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-05-2009, 10:05 AM

I was thinking of going on exchange to Waseda (studying biochemistry) in my third year (there`s a subway stop right outside the campus that links with my train line) but I reckon my GPA would fall dramatically *sigh*