JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

To Study at Home or in Japan - 01-12-2009, 04:31 PM

So I'm really having doubts about what to do next.

When I graduated from high school, I went out with a perfect grade in law and I'm looked up on as a genius in that area. I already have a very nice scholarship and a place at the country's best univeristy waiting for me when I'm done serving in the military.

The thing is that I would like to do something new and spontaneous, without using some exchange student waste-a-year program. I want to go studying in japan, as i feel very drawn to the culture and language as well as the urban area that is tokyo and everything around.

I have already started looking in to the language, and so far I have no problem learning it as I am used to learning new languages.

If I am to go to Japan, i won't be studying law. Was thinking about nursing, it looks like an exciting profession, and it fits me lifestyle better

What should I do?
What would you do?
And could anyone tell me about studying in japan? how universities work over there and stuff.

Thanks.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-12-2009, 04:33 PM

If you have a scholarship waiting for you, I would use that. Japan isn't going anywhere, and will be waiting for you when you finish.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

01-12-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
If you have a scholarship waiting for you, I would use that. Japan isn't going anywhere, and will be waiting for you when you finish.
That is so true, but my life is still slowly passing by.

Studying at home, in 7 years I will be done and graduated with a grade in domestic law. Which means I will be stuck.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 05:38 PM

You are only stuck if you let yourself. Go to school and take a vacation in Japan.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
1CareN5 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to 1CareN5 Send a message via Yahoo to 1CareN5
hello - 01-12-2009, 06:34 PM

weelll, actually i think collage is very good in tokio (tokio university) so i think they are quite well, but if you dont know any japanese it would be better to study it, as you are living there for a long time.. welll i hope this help you
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Keaton421 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Shoot, unless you're in the Navy or Chair Force, why don't you re-enlist, request a post in Camp Zama JPN and go for medical corps? Army's got a 52 week LPN (licensed practical nurse) course you might want to look at

Oh! I wish I was in the land of Ramen
Otaku there are not downtrodden
Kawaii! Kawaii! Kawaii, Desu Ne!

MAXIMUM VIPER
Defender of the Scholar, Scourge of the Otaku, Savior of Japan
(#7 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraxAttack View Post
That is so true, but my life is still slowly passing by.
Your life is passing by? How old are you? 18?

I'm double your age and I'm thinking of moving to Japan to start a new life. You have tons of time!

And yes, I was considered a genius in my field as well and I also went through with a scholarship at the best university in my country.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-12-2009, 08:47 PM

Might need to be a little clearer... First of all, what country are you from and how old are you?!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

01-12-2009, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Your life is passing by? How old are you? 18?

I'm double your age and I'm thinking of moving to Japan to start a new life. You have tons of time!

And yes, I was considered a genius in my field as well and I also went through with a scholarship at the best university in my country.
Eh, just my view on things, I'm having these strange thoughts that when i pass 30, life is over and you are screwd if you have not settled down yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keaton421 View Post
Shoot, unless you're in the Navy or Chair Force, why don't you re-enlist, request a post in Camp Zama JPN and go for medical corps? Army's got a 52 week LPN (licensed practical nurse) course you might want to look at
That does sound interesting, but I'm not in the U.S military. Thanks for the suggestion and encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
Might need to be a little clearer... First of all, what country are you from and how old are you?!
Sex: Male
(#10 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraxAttack View Post
Eh, just my view on things, I'm having these strange thoughts that when i pass 30, life is over and you are screwd if you have not settled down yet
Don't worry about it! The 30's are when you're most prosperous... AS long as you've laid out your foundation in your 20's.

I'd argue that life is over and screwed the second you exchange marriage vows.

Best of luck either way!