JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Japan for 3 months, how much money do i need? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/22595-japan-3-months-how-much-money-do-i-need.html)

Adan 01-21-2009 02:57 AM

Japan for 3 months, how much money do i need?

I'm planning to go to Japan for 3 months and i was thinking of taking $15,000. That would be $5,000 per month.

I would like to know from people that been to Japan, or have any knowledge regarding the issue.

I'm wondering if that's enough or if i need more or less. Don't want to live like a king but also don't want to be penny pinching every given second.

My expenses will include food, Travel expenses in Japan ( not from and to ), Gaijing House rent in Chiba, A phone from Softbank (Using Housetek's Advice),etc...

Keaton421 01-21-2009 03:01 AM

Try the search function - there are many threads around here asking the same question :)

Sangetsu 01-21-2009 03:54 AM

$15k is more than enough.

Adan 01-21-2009 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keaton421 (Post 667225)
Try the search function - there are many threads around here asking the same question :)

I've done that. That's why i had to post this thread.

Adan 01-21-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sangetsu (Post 667244)
$15k is more than enough.

THANKS!:vsign:

godwine 01-21-2009 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adan (Post 667221)
I'm planning to go to Japan for 3 months and i was thinking of taking $15,000. That would be $5,000 per month.

I would like to know from people that been to Japan, or have any knowledge regarding the issue.

I'm wondering if that's enough or if i need more or less. Don't want to live like a king but also don't want to be penny pinching every given second.

My expenses will include food, Travel expenses in Japan ( not from and to ), Gaijing House rent in Chiba, A phone from Softbank (Using Housetek's Advice),etc...

That really depends on the type of activities you are looking at doing and where you will be staying.

But 5000 a month sound reasonable if you are not going crazy on shopping and souvenir

spicytuna 01-21-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adan (Post 667221)

I got my Softbank bill last week and it came out to $400 for 3 weeks! I didn't realize that I called so many people. Note to self : Never call... always text message...

Five thousand a month is definitely more than enough as long as you don't go overboard. ie. No Soapland for you!

godwine 01-21-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spicytuna (Post 667417)
Five thousand a month is definitely more than enough as long as you don't go overboard. ie. No Soapland for you!

Are they expensive?

Or another alternative is to have all three meals off convenience store food to cut down on cost :)

MMM 01-21-2009 05:15 PM

$5000 a month is more than enough to live pretty high on the hog. No need for convenience store meals with that kind of money.

spicytuna 01-21-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwine (Post 667421)
Are they expensive?

Check your PM. :D