JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   I don't want to live in Japan. (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/22818-i-dont-want-live-japan.html)

nobora 01-30-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 670647)
Just out of curiosity, did you read the first post?

Yes, I did

MMM 01-30-2009 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 670651)
Yes, I did

Even this part?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 670613)
I have read dozens, maybe 100 different posts from people that say "I want to live in Japan" without ever having visited. I immediately do a facepalm when I see this, and to be honest it is hard to take most of them seriously.

nobora 01-30-2009 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 670654)
Even this part?

Yes . but i must become a manga -ka~! and meet UVERworld~!!

Kenpachi11 01-30-2009 02:52 AM

i will always want to visit the country first to see if i want to live there that is if im able too.

MMM 01-30-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nobora (Post 670657)
Yes . but i must become a manga -ka~! and meet UVERworld~!!

Kenpachi11 01-30-2009 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 670662)

lol that pic reminds me of the dude from "welcome to the NHK"
its a show about NEET'S and hikikomori.

samurai007 01-30-2009 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 670622)
Well put, samurai. I put up with a lot of things, similar to what you describe. I had no computer or Internet. In the winter is was basically freezing when I stepped out of the shower. My veranda was my closet, and many of my shirts got sunbleached on one side.

Now in a house with a yard, I can't really imagine going back to that in the same way.

Ahh yes, the only cold water washing machine, and having no dryer... I hung clothes on the balcony when it was sunny, but had clotheslines strung across my living room/ bedroom for the rest of the year. And it was not uncommon for stuff to take 3+ days to dry in that humidity or on cold winter days with no heat indoors. Oh, and how about when you left your clothes drying outside because it seemed like it'd be a nice day, only to have a sudden rainstorm or showers while you were at the store or work?

These are the kinds of "real life in Japan" things that people who have never been, or only visited a few days or weeks, just don't know about. Sure, they see pictures of Japanese apartments with clotheshangers outside, but they don't always consider all the implications of how common they are, and what that means...

Banzai 01-30-2009 04:03 AM

If you have the money, I really do mean a lot, Japan can be awesome to live in!

spicytuna 01-30-2009 04:09 AM

IMHO, if you happen to be male, single and filthy rich, I just can't think of a better place to live. Almost everything is at your disposal if you have the money.

However, if you happen to be pathetically poor, there isn't a worse place to live for that same reason. All those temptations with no funds...

samokan 01-30-2009 04:13 AM

I think I've survived living here this long ( going to be 5 years this year ) is that I can always go back home whenever I want. I think i never really thought of living here permanently, its always been temporary.

lifestyle , well i don't need much, just give me my computer, internet connection and books and im all set.,.. :D

there are some things that I can complain about, but why bother I choose to be here I might as well deal with it , and look on the brighter side of things :D