JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Banzai (Offline)
日本バンザイ~!

Send a message via MSN to Banzai
Health & Safety for Japanese Workers - 02-04-2009, 09:11 AM

I haven't really thought about it or yet realized yet. What kind of program or education do they supply to workers in Japan that have to deal with hazardous situations when they work. I know here in Canada they have the WHIMIS label system. It's a well organized system that is taught to any worker joining any workforce that may involve being around hazardous materials. It trains you how to deal with problems if they do occur and how to prevent accidents from happening.

So my question is, does Japan have anything like this?

>>>SOSDefinition<<<

私は日本語より多く学ぶことが開始されます。
(#2 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-04-2009, 09:42 AM

I spent 6 months at a manufacturing facility in Hiroshima during 2007 and early 2008. We did have a site saftey training, taken alonside Japanese workers. Site safety managers required additonal training. However, there was no training on any of the saftey signage that exists.

I imagine that the signage is codified in a JIS standard but I'm not sure if the signage is explicitly taught to those licensed in the use of hazardous devices an chemicals. I do know that crane, forklift, and welders need to be nationally licensed in order to perform those duties in an industrial environment. I also know that there is knowledge of MSDS but I highly doubt it is in frequent use, As I had the pleasure of being bombarded by zinc chromate fumes and those actually applying it weren't wearing proper safety equipment.