JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
nisa (Offline)
dancing in the rain

Send a message via Yahoo to nisa
03-21-2009, 12:50 AM

hey hey,, i don't wanna see any fights. sorry, i thought nobody would reply more for this thread, so I went off for a while n now i'm back.

anyway i'm easy with that question. well, i'm not a christian. *don't guess what my religion is, ok?* so, i really need advice from you who live in tokyo. i'm afraid if there's some 'gaijin-phobia'. so i prefer live in gaijin house. where is it? i think i should see tokyo through googleearth first

oh, i almost forgot to ask. how about expenses for transportation? is it need +- 28000 yen per month?

明日晴れるかな。。はるか空の下。。
(#22 (permalink))
Old
nisa (Offline)
dancing in the rain

03-21-2009, 12:53 AM

btw i'm a girl.

明日晴れるかな。。はるか空の下。。
(#23 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-21-2009, 01:09 AM

There is no gaijin phobia, especially in Tokyo. Nobody cares what you are or where you are from there.

I have heard more bad things than good things about gaijin houses, but have never stayed at one, so that's all I can really say about that.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-21-2009, 02:49 AM

The gaijin house i'm talking about is in Nishi-ogikubo and ogikubo.

It's basically a studio apartment with your own kitchen facilities, toilet an shower.

I don't care about religion, just I have lots of Indonesian friends who go to an Indonesian church every week, so I thought if you were Christian too, I could introduce you to them.

About travel expenses, where will you be travelling too? If it's in central Tokyo then you can go by bike (which you can pick up for about 5000yen) 28000 is really expensive, I think your monthly travel expenses will be cheaper than that. Bike is the best way to get around though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There is no gaijin phobia, especially in Tokyo. Nobody cares what you are or where you are from there.
As for this point, gaijin-phobia, predjudice, racism, whatever you want to call it, fact is that it exists, even here in Tokyo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishasu View Post
its very very nice for people to crush your dreams.
(#25 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-22-2009, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyoself View Post
As for this point, gaijin-phobia, predjudice, racism, whatever you want to call it, fact is that it exists, even here in Tokyo.
There are two general impressions people who have never been to Japan/Tokyo seem to share: 1) Everyone loves foreigners or 2) Everyone hates foreigners.

Neither of these ideas is close to true. What is more true is Tokyoites don't really care where you are from.

Are there anti-foreigner racists in Tokyo? Sure there are. Are there gaijin-loving freaks? Sure there are. But in my experience the vast majority of Tokyo citizens would walk past a person floating three feet in the air without giving a second look. This person is basing her choice of living arrangements based on an ill-conceived notion.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-24-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Are there anti-foreigner racists in Tokyo? Sure there are. Are there gaijin-loving freaks? Sure there are. But in my experience the vast majority of Tokyo citizens would walk past a person floating three feet in the air without giving a second look. This person is basing her choice of living arrangements based on an ill-conceived notion.
Truth......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishasu View Post
its very very nice for people to crush your dreams.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
nisa (Offline)
dancing in the rain

03-26-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
I have heard more bad things than good things about gaijin houses, but have never stayed at one, so that's all I can really say about that.
what's bad thing related to?

明日晴れるかな。。はるか空の下。。
(#28 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-26-2009, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nisa View Post
what's bad thing related to?
Dirty, small, advertised services are not available, other foreigners staying there are weirdos/sketchy, didn't feel safe...
(#29 (permalink))
Old
Rosana (Offline)
New to JF

04-09-2009, 03:47 AM

I know it is very expensive to live in Japan specially in Tokyo. Well, I guess you have to learn first how much is the value of your money in Japan money. Digg the internet for accommodation. I guess Japan have a very reliable commuters transportation.