Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
02-13-2007, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
experience my Dog SHIT lol..

is it not something about u need to pass a two weeks test in Japan for being a teacher?--...
oh believe me, i've experienced shit worse than ur dog's in my time :P

test? maybe.. a challenge would definitely sound fun

Hotaru100: thx anyway!

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

02-13-2007, 06:19 AM

I think if you want to become a English Teacher you should go out and do it, follow your dreams. But remember this, things are never what they may seem. Though Japan Looks like a great place to live, Its just like any other place on earth. The sky is blue, the grass is green.

I myself love Japan and I have been there, but no matter where you are is almost always the same. Theres two sides to each coin. But even knowing this I still plan to live there someday. Don't let some assholes steer you away for you dreams.

Though a lot of jobs (for Foreigners) in Japan revolve around Teaching English, you could always become a Translator, but this takes years of hard dedicated work. English Teaching is the easy becasue it is natural to a native speaker. Thus the reason a lot of people (in a big hurry to live in Japan) run to this easy ticket. And theres nothing wrong with that, I know a couple of people who do this and have good life's.

Becoming a Translator can have just as many perks as there are flaws. Though you meet lots new and interesting of people, you can also meet a lot of assholes too. (But then again where isn't assholes these days lol)

Well your the maker of your own destiny. What you want to do with your life is up to you. I plan to make the best of what life gives me whether it be in Japan or some other place. Right now my sights are set on Japan.

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#13 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-13-2007, 06:32 AM

i couldn't hv said it better myself

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

02-13-2007, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
i couldn't hv said it better myself
Yeah I don't think I could either. lol

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#15 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)

02-13-2007, 05:26 PM

oh yeah one more thing, some of my frends who live in japan claim japanese are a bunch of wel-brought up, civilized and rule-abiding bunch. so living there would give me a sense of higher-class :P

(#16 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

02-14-2007, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolNard View Post
oh yeah one more thing, some of my frends who live in japan claim japanese are a bunch of wel-brought up, civilized and rule-abiding bunch. so living there would give me a sense of higher-class :P
Yeah, so much so that when there are no cars coming down a one way street and you have a clear view for like about 100 meters, they still won't cross the road if the crosswalk light is red.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Rikku777 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Rikku777
02-15-2007, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Yeah, so much so that when there are no cars coming down a one way street and you have a clear view for like about 100 meters, they still won't cross the road if the crosswalk light is red.
So? I don't either.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-15-2007, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
come to osaka and you'll see that its not the case
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Leslie (Offline)
New to JF

02-24-2007, 03:43 AM

Hi jackalo

I have lived in Japan for 2 years and love it so much. Perhaps my company can help you and others that wish to teach in Japan.

Resumes and Resources for English Teachers in Japan

Japan is a great place to live/work. Great job opportunities for new and experienced teachers wanting adventure, discovering a beautiful culture, and meeting people from all over the world.

Resumes are different than what we accept in N. America. Job searches are confusing enough, harder when you dont know the country. We can help on both counts.
(#20 (permalink))
Old
ShibaInu (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Question 02-25-2007, 06:34 AM

Apart from being english teachers or translators, are there any other suitable jobs for foreigners in Japan? I've heard from a Chinese friend who now lives in Kobe that Japan welcomes foreign IT-helpdesk staff on their companies...Is this true?