JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Is Japan full of polution? (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/23665-japan-full-polution.html)

VampireGirl1314 03-11-2009 09:16 AM

Is Japan full of polution?

Is Japan a bad place to live because of the polution?
Or is that just a lie, that people say to keep people away?

Im sorry, but im just wondering if its true or false about what people have told me about Japan being poluted.

Or,

Is Japan a good place to live in because there is hardly any polution in the air?

Nyororin 03-11-2009 09:23 AM

I don`t really think Japan is all that polluted these days. There were some pollution issues in the past, but Japan has been working pretty hard to cut down a lot of it. I`d say that in my experience, even the more polluted areas of Tokyo do not even come close to any other large city in Asia... And are probably on par with the pollution levels in any large US city.

VampireGirl1314 03-11-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 683064)
I don`t really think Japan is all that polluted these days. There were some pollution issues in the past, but Japan has been working pretty hard to cut down a lot of it. I`d say that in my experience, even the more polluted areas of Tokyo do not even come close to any other large city in Asia... And are probably on par with the pollution levels in any large US city.

so that means that Tokyo is a healthier place to live then in the U.S.?

Nyororin 03-11-2009 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VampireGirl1314 (Post 683067)
so that means that Tokyo is a healthier place to live then in the U.S.?

No, that isn`t what I am saying. I am saying that the pollution levels are about the same as they are in a large city in the US. There is a lot more to healthiness than pollution, and there are a lot of differences between cities.

VampireGirl1314 03-11-2009 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 683069)
No, that isn`t what I am saying. I am saying that the pollution levels are about the same as they are in a large city in the US. There is a lot more to healthiness than pollution, and there are a lot of differences between cities.

oh, okay so its okay to live in Tokyo, because it would be about the same as living in the U.S.

well thats good, so here i come Tokyo.
oh wait i have a year to go.:(
i so wish i was 16 already, then i could see the beautiful Tokyo.:)

godwine 03-11-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VampireGirl1314 (Post 683070)
oh, okay so its okay to live in Tokyo, because it would be about the same as living in the U.S.

well thats good, so here i come Tokyo.
oh wait i have a year to go.:(
i so wish i was 16 already, then i could see the beautiful Tokyo.:)

Why would pollution be a concern for a trip? Also, why do you have to wait till you are 16? If you have the fund, then might as well....

Pollution is still an issue in some area, Tokyo Bay is like the ultimate mercury dump...

Esteban 03-11-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by godwine (Post 683096)
Why would pollution be a concern for a trip? Also, why do you have to wait till you are 16? If you have the fund, then might as well....

Pollution is still an issue in some area, Tokyo Bay is like the ultimate mercury dump...

That's also what I thought, if pollution is a big enough reason to not go to Japan, I think you should stay home.

blimp 03-11-2009 02:23 PM

comparison regarding air pollution
http://siteresources.worldbank.org/D.../table3_13.pdf

MMM 03-11-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blimp (Post 683115)

What conclusions do you make from this data, Blimp?

Nyororin 03-11-2009 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blimp (Post 683115)

Thanks for the info...

Looking at that chart, I have to say that for the number of people and businesses in such a small area - Tokyo has some great air quality.