JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-17-2009, 06:48 AM

A few more details would be nice.

While it's common knowledge that one can get a work visa in Japan without a degree, the fields are limited, and they generally require a minimum number of years of experience.

The other common method is to get married to a Japanese national.

The third option is to use phony paperwork (fake degree, or employment history), which runs the very real risk of imprisonment, deportation, and a permanent ban on ever returning.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

03-17-2009, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyoself View Post
My friend Niall came here about 6 months ago (to Tokyo) and in 1 week he managed to find a company to sponsor him for his visa, even though he had never been to college/university.
その友達はどんな仕事をしていますかね。経済危機のい までは、日本人でさえなかなか仕事が見つからないので す。高卒の外国人もなおさらです。お宅も大卒ですよね 。あまりにも無責任な発言をしなかったほうがいいぞ。
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-17-2009, 08:38 AM

People recommend coming and checking it out before moving here because many people have a skewed vision of what life in Japan is like.

We get lots of "I hate my life and want to get away from [insert country]. I think Japan is the oasis for me."

Like you said on the "Nobody likes me" thread, maybe you need to look at yourself. Those problems tend to follow people around, and so people here who have some experience try to use their experiences to lead to the best path.

The only people I know who worked in Japan who didn't have degrees were carpenters who came to Japan after the Great Hanshin Earthquake in 1995. Of them, one married a Japanese lady, and still lives here. The rest were either kicked out or went home when their tourist visas expired.

What do Rob, Noriko and the others working at...which University was it?...what do they do at the University that that don't need a degree?

You do bring up a good point. Passing JLPT1 is enough for many major companies looking for translators. Most people go to a university to study Japanese in order to take the JLPT and pass at level 1, but surely there are other ways if you are focused and dedicated.

Last edited by MMM : 03-17-2009 at 08:46 AM.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TerakuVK (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2009, 12:40 PM

This is just great.

Visual Kei :3
テラク です.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-17-2009, 03:35 PM

Yeah, the only surefire way I know to move to Japan without any type of degree is marrying a citizen.

Moving there and getting a job at a university without any degree whatsoever is...kind of out of the picture.

Unless maybe a janitor. But that's still pushing it.

猿も木から落ちる
(#16 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2009, 11:01 PM

I'll reply to each of these posts individually after I get home from work. Bottom line is, you people need to learn how to read.

I said my friend Niall came to Japan without a visa and got a job as a teacher in a business school in Shinjuku.

To tell people that you NEED a visa to get a decent job in Japan is lying. Fact is, you DON'T If you've got some wit & you're savvy or handsome/pretty (mixture of both works best) then I consider it pretty easy to get a job teaching or doing something like PR, modelling etc...

All the other people I work with at the university have degrees. It's none of your business which university that is.

As I said i'll reply to each post after work. But i'd like to know everyone else's background. What makes you such an authority on this topic??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishasu View Post
its very very nice for people to crush your dreams.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
alanX (Offline)
The Psychedelic Traveler

Send a message via Skype™ to alanX
03-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
I'll reply to each of these posts individually after I get home from work. Bottom line is, you people need to learn how to read.

I said my friend Niall came to Japan without a visa and got a job as a teacher in a business school in Shinjuku.

To tell people that you NEED a visa to get a decent job in Japan is lying. Fact is, you DON'T If you've got some wit & you're savvy or handsome/pretty (mixture of both works best) then I consider it pretty easy to get a job teaching or doing something like PR, modelling etc...

All the other people I work with at the university have degrees. It's none of your business which university that is.

As I said i'll reply to each post after work. But i'd like to know everyone else's background. What makes you such an authority on this topic??
If I was a mod I'd ban you for reason: "You're an idiot."

猿も木から落ちる
(#18 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

03-17-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
日本人でさえなかなか仕事が見つからないのです。高卒 の外国人もなおさらです。
そう、 そう。

私もそいますね。
(#19 (permalink))
Old
Koir (Offline)
Meow.

03-17-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Asking unrelated questions as to the occupation of people with different views only serves to demonstrate one is insecure as to one's own occupation/point of view.

To respond to the query, I suspect the most common response you should expect to get is "a member of the forum with a different viewpoint and opinion".

Fortunately, there is one woman in this world who can control me.

Unfortunately for you, she is not here.

"Ride for ruin, and the world ended!"
(#20 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 03:57 AM

Quote:
How many sets of knee pads did your friends go through to get their jobs?

You do realize that you NEED a visa to work right? That's not an opinion, that's a fact.