(#21 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanX View Post
If I was a mod I'd ban you for reason: "You're an idiot."
Erm, sorry. Did I say something to offend you????

Btw, you should put 'a' in between 'for' and 'reason'. Don't talk to me about idiots alright doggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mishasu View Post
its very very nice for people to crush your dreams.
(#22 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkhartdesu View Post
They mean that you are being a little... unrealistic.

Sure, you and your friends may be living it up in Tokyo-- but those results aren't typical. There are thousands of members on this forum that think Japan is a fantasy land, and that they can just move there without any experience/education.

Bottom line, you're feeding an evil machine.

And this is kind of insulting to those of us who are actually pursuing a degree and a job (in Japan).

But seriously, why are you being so positive? Your name is "killyoself". How did you get to Japan?? Because for all I know, you're a 12 year old girl at an Anime convention in Wisconsin.
Alright, from what i've seen since i've joined this forum a couple of days ago, I think it may be kinda unrealistic for most of you. You're right.

The point I was making is that YOU CAN COME HERE AND IF YOU'VE GOT ANY HUSTLE YOU CAN GET A COMPANY TO SPONSOR YOUR VISA REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU HAVE A DEGREE OR NOT, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU CAN SPEAK JAPANESE OR NOT.

Anyhoo, what do you mean 'How did I get to Japan?'
I got on a plane, went to Tokyo, got my hustle on, found a job, worked there for a few years, hustled some more, got a job at a university which gives me 6 months paid vacation and allows me enough free time to concentrate on doing ish I care about, like getting my company off the ground.

Quote:
(#23 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
その友達はどんな仕事をしていますかね。
だから新宿でビジネスの英会話で教師やってる。

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirakira View Post
あまりにも無責任な発言をしなかったほうがいいぞ。
これが六ヶ月前の話だから無責任な発言じゃねぇよ。

Quote:
(#24 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Like you said on the "Nobody likes me" thread, maybe you need to look at yourself. Those problems tend to follow people around, and so people here who have some experience try to use their experiences to lead to the best path.
Is this related to anything? Dude, give it up.

I didn't leave my country because I was depressed, or lonely, or a total loser. I left because there were no opportunities to be had back home and I had to move to a bigger city.

Quote:
(#25 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAD0W View Post
そう、 そう。

私もそいますね。
This sentence makes no sense.

Quote:
(#26 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koir View Post
Asking unrelated questions as to the occupation of people with different views only serves to demonstrate one is insecure as to one's own occupation/point of view.

To respond to the query, I suspect the most common response you should expect to get is "a member of the forum with a different viewpoint and opinion".
I wasn't asking about people's occupation, I asked about their backgrounds. How long in Japan? Have you ever lived in Japan ? Did you come here without a job like me etc....?

The reason I made this thread is because the first stickied thread says 'Graduate from college if you want to live in Japan' and i've read various other patronizing statements to that effect in other threads. So I just thought i'd point out that it wasn't necessary to graduate if you want to live here.

Believe me, I have absolutely no insecurity about my occupation, nor my point of view. Sorry to disappoint you.

Quote:
(#27 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
How many sets of knee pads did your friends go through to get their jobs?

You do realize that you NEED a visa to work right? That's not an opinion, that's a fact.
Do you mean how many interviews? I dunno, a week or 2s worth, it didn't take long at all.

Yeah, you need a visa to work. That's why you find a company that'll sponsor you for your visa (1,000,000 times easier to do if you're actually in the country)

Quote:
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
03-18-2009, 09:18 AM

First, I removed the pile of complete and total crap that was in the middle of the thread. (I doubt anyone is going to mind, none of it had anything to do with the topic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyoself View Post
Is this related to anything? Dude, give it up.

I didn't leave my country because I was depressed, or lonely, or a total loser. I left because there were no opportunities to be had back home and I had to move to a bigger city.
I don`t think that quote was talking to you, but more to the huge majority of people on here who say "I want to live in Japan!" - I`d say that maybe one out of every hundred actually has a realistic plan or reason. The rest think their life sucks and that the magical land of anime and maid cafes will fix everything.

It may be true that a decently intelligent person with life experience and skills could find themselves a company willing to sponsor if they`re lucky - but a 16 year old who has never worked let alone left their little town? I very very highly doubt this, even if they do manage to graduate high school before heading to Japan.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
killyoself (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-18-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
I don`t think that quote was talking to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Like you said on the "Nobody likes me" thread, maybe you need to look at yourself.
間違えないMMM was talking about me. This dude is on some 3rd grade vendetta tip.

Yeah, I take your point Nyoroin about the 16 year old kids. But the reason I made this post is because there are lots of people on this forum blatantly saying that it's IMPOSSIBLE to come here, live and work if you don't marry or graduate from college.

That simply ISN'T true, and i'm confident that if I had come here when I was 18 or 19 I could have landed a sponsor.

Quote:
(#30 (permalink))
Old
kirakira (Offline)
己所不欲勿施於人

03-18-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by killyoself View Post
これが六ヶ月前の話だから無責任な発言じゃねぇよ。
逆じゃないですかね。6ヶ月前その人が仕事見つかった から、なんの計画も立てずに日本に足を踏み入れるのは いい考えだと思うのか?おたくはいま日本の経済状況を 知ってるはず。

問題なのは、その人、仕事がみつかったかどうかじゃな くて、何の準備もせずに単に日本に行くだけで仕事が必 ずみつかる主張なんです。このスレを読むみんなに偽り の希望を抱かせるのをやめろって言いたいです。わかっ たかね。

っていうか日本に住む自体はなにかメリットがあんのか ?たしかにグルメなら日本はダントツ一番なんだけど、 住宅事情はやっぱり厳しすぎると思いますね。あとはこ の20年間にわたっての経済成長の停滞、いずれもそう 簡単に乗り越えられる問題じゃなくてね…

日本はあくまで島国で、移民への態度はとても友好的だ と決して言えないでしょう。

Last edited by kirakira : 03-18-2009 at 09:56 AM.