JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   My dream was to live in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/2429-my-dream-live-japan.html)

Mara 02-15-2007 05:51 PM

My dream was to live in Japan

:vsign: Why? It s a verry good question that i should ask to myself
Well because somewhere long long time ago country that i come from use to
have a similar samourai spirits ....
Japan is country where culture never die and at the same time in other ways growing like a child .Sems i was about 9 years old my dream was to go to Japan wear a kimono study to write and become a japanese person .
Reading in a book about japanese thinking i was surprised to discover that
i feel like i belong there .....
Now i keep dreaming that maybe sometimes who knows when i will make my dream come true.....

musashi 02-15-2007 07:34 PM

Thats a good dream to have....my dream is to travel the world, though i know that that is a bit to high for my reach, i don't give it up...i will visit japan, and when I do, if i know who you are, maybe I'll drop you off so you don't have to go alone....*smiles and gives peace sign* Good luck with your dream!

Illuminatis 02-15-2007 07:46 PM

It's a great dream Mara! I have wanted to visit Japan for as long as I can remember. I often wonder if it would be possible to someday live there. It's seems as though my daily responsiblities keeps me from going or making a true commitment to visit.

I work in the IT field so I often hope that someday I will work for a company that does a lot of business in Japan and that I will then have the opportunity to go there.

Good luck with your dream! :)

WarumonoKyo 02-15-2007 08:07 PM

My dream is to move to Japan.
Im currently preparing to apply for a citizenship, which i'll do after I finish college. Then by the time I finish university I should have it.

=] I am very, very excited.

jasonbvr 02-15-2007 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarumonoKyo (Post 44601)
Im currently preparing to apply for a citizenship, which i'll do after I finish college. Then by the time I finish university I should have it.

I may be wrong, but don't you have to live here a minimum of five years before applying for dual citzenship or permanent residency? Nyororin would know best, I really have no clue.

Before you all come to Japan, give some thought to answering that question of why you want to be here. Because when you meet a lot of people for the first time they will ask this question sooner or later. My answer is simple, bigger mountains, better snow and cheap lift tickets.

Daboke 02-15-2007 11:55 PM

I've always wanted to go to Japan. I could go on for hours thinking of reasons. Now. I'm hopefully going to be moving to Japan in March for 12 months. Is anyone able to give me some advice? Is it all I've dreamed it to be?

jasonbvr 02-16-2007 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daboke (Post 44631)
I've always wanted to go to Japan. I could go on for hours thinking of reasons. Now. I'm hopefully going to be moving to Japan in March for 12 months. Is anyone able to give me some advice? Is it all I've dreamed it to be?

What exactly are you expecting to find and where will you be living?
I really have to suggest coming into any foreign country with an open mind and minimal expectations. This way you won't be disappointed or shocked by a lot of things you weren't expecting or things you find it lacking.

samokan 02-16-2007 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarumonoKyo (Post 44601)

If you are married to a japanese national, you need to live at least 5 years to gain a permanent visa But if you are single and just working here, you need to live at least 10 years before gaining a permanent visa.

Daboke 02-16-2007 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonbvr (Post 44634)
What exactly are you expecting to find and where will you be living?
I really have to suggest coming into any foreign country with an open mind and minimal expectations. This way you won't be disappointed or shocked by a lot of things you weren't expecting or things you find it lacking.

I'm expecting honour, pride, cleanliness, and welcoming people. With technology, art and early morning dancing lessons thrown in for the soul.
I want a change... and Japan is always improving.

blueheart 02-17-2007 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mara (Post 44511)
:vsign: Why? It s a verry good question that i should ask to myself
Well because somewhere long long time ago country that i come from use to
have a similar samourai spirits ....
Japan is country where culture never die and at the same time in other ways growing like a child .Sems i was about 9 years old my dream was to go to Japan wear a kimono study to write and become a japanese person .
Reading in a book about japanese thinking i was surprised to discover that
i feel like i belong there .....
Now i keep dreaming that maybe sometimes who knows when i will make my dream come true.....

Mara san i know your felling very will coz i have the same feeling and i don’t have any explanation for that {.... i feel like i belong there}