JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Faggotry (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Faggotry Send a message via MSN to Faggotry Send a message via Skype™ to Faggotry
Student Exchange Programs to Japan. - 04-23-2009, 12:24 PM

Hey there. I live in Australia and recently had an 18 day holiday in Japan, I'm thinking about applying for one of the 3 month Student Exchange programs however I'm unsure of how they work or how english students can learn at Japanese schools, anyone familiar with this? Just curious. Any responses would be great.

(#2 (permalink))
Old
TenmaAi (Offline)
Demon_Love

Send a message via MSN to TenmaAi
04-23-2009, 12:36 PM

hello ^^
I hope I can help you ..A group who organizes student exchange programs came to my old school once and explained it to me. They told me it's actually a 2 years plan. The first year is used to set up everything like where you will be staying date of leave and return and all that jazz.. also in that whole year you will learn the basics of the foreign language and contact you 'second family' ( the family you will be staying with ) and get to know them a little and the second year you will actually go there ( this is for a whole year basis) but I think it should be rather the same for the shorter periods. I wanted to go to Finland or Japan but it was to expensive for my family and they wouldn't let me xD

Hope this is usefull to some point.
This is how they do it in Belgium xD

....[VampiSupporter]....
x3 The Belgium Trio x3
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Faggotry (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Faggotry Send a message via MSN to Faggotry Send a message via Skype™ to Faggotry
04-23-2009, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the help, Ive seen 3 month things in Australia but wanted to know more about what actually happens over there, I'm not too sure.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-23-2009, 11:09 PM

I'd imagine it would depend on whether you're in university or highschool, as well as what program you go with? Maybe try getting in contact with your local Australia Japan Society - part of what they do is help organise exchanges etc., the one I'm going on is organised through them

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Faggotry (Offline)
JF Regular

04-24-2009, 03:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChisaChi View Post
I'd imagine it would depend on whether you're in university or highschool, as well as what program you go with? Maybe try getting in contact with your local Australia Japan Society - part of what they do is help organise exchanges etc., the one I'm going on is organised through them
Ah, do you have a link to the particular program. Apparently you need to be over 20, I'm only 16. Also, I somehow got side-tracked and clicked on the links in your sig, you're a fantastic designer, do you get paid alot for doing websites for people?

(#6 (permalink))
Old
ChisaChi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-24-2009, 04:19 AM

The one where you have to be over 20 is the one I'll be doing - it's also only for 2 weeks. But I think that society does a lot of organising exchanges and stuff, so if you get in contact with your local one they might be able to recommend something that suits you?

And thanks I charge a lot less than larger companies, but plenty to live on comfortably!

chisa@flickr - photos
ChiGarden - blog
chisa.deviantart - art + crafts