JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
tylersangle88 (Offline)
女, im a girl!

Send a message via AIM to tylersangle88 Send a message via MSN to tylersangle88 Send a message via Yahoo to tylersangle88 Send a message via Skype™ to tylersangle88
05-05-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihateopapi View Post
Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone could help me to find a place where I could be tested for HIV and other stds.
I've already e-mailed a support website and I'd like to know if anyone else could maybe offer some advice. This is what I sent them.

So there you have it. I know some will be tempted to laugh at me and to be honest, I deserve it, because this is the stupidest thing I've ever done. So go ahead if you must, but if you make fun of me, at least try to offer some help as well. Hopefully this will end up as nothing but a big scare and an important lesson learned, but on the other hand, I can't help but fear the worst.

dont feel bad, we all make mistakes. i truly feel for you, i wish u all the best.

[color="Magenta"]There is no better way to die than in ur lovers arms. [/COLOR]
IM THE QUEEN OF CYBER WHORES!!!! ^^ HEHE LOL

Anata Ga Suki!!!
[/size]
(#12 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-05-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintKat View Post
Brand spanking new account? Check.
First post about sex/relationships? Check.

Conclusion: Obvious troll is obvious.
You are not exactly a veteran of JF, so if you have nothing more to contribute, amuse yourself elsewhere!
Troll or not, the discourse and information is not wasted.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
05-05-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihateopapi View Post
I'll go tomorrow, although it's probably too early for detection (less than 48 hours after exposure). I'll be sure to go often though, and maybe I'll give an update to this in the future, if I can still find the thread in a few weeks/months. From what I was told on other forums my risk is low EVEN if she DID have HIV (but there's no way to know), but I'm still scared and probably will be for the coming weeks. Anyway, thanks for the support.
Risk is risk, no matter how low. As bELyVIS pointed out, this is about life, not something minor to be playing odds with. Yes, 48 hours is too early for a reliable test for HIV. HOWEVER, HIV is not the only STD you put yourself at risk for. Hopefully, if you have already gone for testing the clinic also ran tests for the standard array of infections that are commonly tranmitted this way. The sooner you know about any of them the better, because all of them are treatable. And not even HIV is not the immediate death sentence it once was - IF you find out early and take care of yourself.

Please people, latex (or nitrile if you are really allergic) is SO much cheaper and easier than prescription drugs!

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.