JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NinjaKasumi123 (Offline)
Deadly Kunoichi

What do japanese couple wear for their wedding? - 02-21-2007, 12:49 PM

Do japanese couple wear gowns and casual clothes for wedding or just traditional japanese kimono for their wedding?

(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
02-21-2007, 01:31 PM

It depends on the style of wedding. There are "Japanese" style weddings where traditional kimono are worn. Then there are "western" style weddings, where they wear a western style wedding dress and tuxedo.
There are also mixed weddings where there is one part in traditional wear, and one part in western wear.

My husband and I had a traditional Japanese wedding, at one of the the most famous shrines in Japan. (Please don`t ask how much it cost.) My husband wore the same hakama for the whole thing, but I changed kimono between the actual ceremony and the reception following it.

I keep meaning to scan the pictures and show them off, but then I look at them and change my mind every time. I was swelled up and pregnant, so look awful. We were married for 3 years before we had a wedding... Parents-in-law came out and told us we`d better have one before we have a kid because they`re important people in the community, etc etc, so we ended up rushing to have one after I got pregnant.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.