JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
ramp666999 (Offline)
New to JF

The Difference - 06-02-2009, 06:45 PM

Can anyone tell me whats the difference, between undergraduate, college of technology and special training college students? I'm from Serbia and we have totaly different system of education.

In every respect.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nendoroid (Offline)
|ll|lll|| |llll||ll|

Send a message via MSN to Nendoroid
06-02-2009, 06:55 PM

Undergraduate? When people ask me this they sometimes have different views on it. Sometimes they assume it's a dropout, however I'm pretty sure it's a student that has not graduated yet; this includes but doesn't limit to dropouts.

College of technology is just a college that specializes in technological fields of training and studying.

Special training can vary, it has alot of different angles you can view it from so it doesn't have just one meaning, however can be generalized to just a field specialized for a specific type of study.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-02-2009, 07:03 PM

An undergraduate degree is a 4-year-degree (BA or BS) and is considered the minimum requirement by most companies and gov't employers.

I believe college of technology or special training colleges would be considered associate degrees (2 years) and are not enough for many employers.