JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#71 (permalink))
Old
evanny (Offline)
devil's advocate

06-15-2011, 08:45 AM

didn't know there was a topic like this thou i knew Japan was intolerant to drugs.
but i want to ask about different things like snuff and snus. how about those? snuff is nasal tobacco and snuns is small tobacco "pillows" you put behind your lip. both are actually far less harmful than smoking. that is why Sweden where it is legal has 30% less smokers with cancer.
it my country it is legal to import for personal use but it is illegal to distribute. how about Japan?
(#72 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-21-2011, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanny View Post
didn't know there was a topic like this thou i knew Japan was intolerant to drugs.
but i want to ask about different things like snuff and snus. how about those? snuff is nasal tobacco and snuns is small tobacco "pillows" you put behind your lip. both are actually far less harmful than smoking. that is why Sweden where it is legal has 30% less smokers with cancer.
it my country it is legal to import for personal use but it is illegal to distribute. how about Japan?
Snuff and other smokeless tobaccos are almost unknown in Japan. Smoking in Japan is mainly a social activity, and (unlike in many other countries) most smokers begin the habit as adults. At one time it was considered professionally "necessary" by some to smoke, but not so much anymore. The number of smokers in Japan fell below 50% of the population a few years ago, the government is trying to reduce the numbers of smokers by making cigarettes more expensive. Also, more and more restaurants are becoming smoke free. In most places it is now illegal to smoke except in designated areas, smoking while walking on sidewalks or in alleys is prohibited. If you visit places around Tokyo, you'll see signs on the walls and on the sidewalks telling people not to smoke in these places.
(#73 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-21-2011, 11:25 PM

I thought most males who smoke started in high school.
(#74 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-22-2011, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I thought most males who smoke started in high school.
I`ve observed that it`s usually in university, not high school. High school just tends to be too involved and observant for many kids to get away with it.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.