JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
liquidfreedom88 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to liquidfreedom88
Part Time Job in Japan - 06-11-2009, 03:39 AM

hello! i dont know if this topic is already posted, remind me if it is.

im not in Japan, but i really wonderin, and i want to go to Japan someday,
how to search for part time job there?
various kind of part time jobs in Japan?
and how's the pay rate for hours?
most part time job ppl do?
is it enough to make living there?

sorry for too much question but i really want to know... ^_^

those who know plz an info Thanks!

"Time understand nothing. They dont understand hatred, They dont understand agony, They dont understand pain. They keep going through despite how our condition might be and heedless of human's failure and success."

Last edited by liquidfreedom88 : 06-11-2009 at 03:42 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

06-11-2009, 03:51 AM

Why not a full-time job?

The search will depend if you are employable: having the proper visa. Most part-time jobs that would hire you part-time without worrying about your visa will not pay enough to live. I'll assume you are living with friends or family, because without the proper paperwork you will have a hard time finding a place to live.

Part time jobs could be anything from bartending to construction. What can you do?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

06-11-2009, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Why not a full-time job?

The search will depend if you are employable: having the proper visa. Most part-time jobs that would hire you part-time without worrying about your visa will not pay enough to live. I'll assume you are living with friends or family, because without the proper paperwork you will have a hard time finding a place to live.

Part time jobs could be anything from bartending to construction. What can you do?
why not full time? a mangaka job still out of my reach, then i wanna train in the place better than now, i cant get like this foreva in my own home. so, in order to live while practice, i need part time job, which allow me to have time to do practice

ive been in management of a small restaurant for bout more than 1 year, but i really want to be mangaka assistant for now so i can get to know more about manga and drawing,
i can draw, well, not good enough compare the mangaka in Japan *stab on the heart* i have some draw in creativity thread, if u wanna see some....

hmmm... how bout newspaper delivery? its done finish in the morning and i can get another time for another part time, also its a good supplement for income ^_^

"Time understand nothing. They dont understand hatred, They dont understand agony, They dont understand pain. They keep going through despite how our condition might be and heedless of human's failure and success."

Last edited by liquidfreedom88 : 06-11-2009 at 05:11 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2009, 05:13 AM

This is probably the first time I've seen someone wanting to become a mangaka assistant instead of the full deal. Anywho, that title is exactly a real job. If anything it could qualify as part-time. I cant say for sure but I dont think they do newspaper delivery here.

Re-evaluate your plan some I think. There are tons of posts similar to this already. Use the search tool, you'll find lots about what you want to know.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

06-11-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcyk8703 View Post
This is probably the first time I've seen someone wanting to become a mangaka assistant instead of the full deal. Anywho, that title is exactly a real job. If anything it could qualify as part-time. I cant say for sure but I dont think they do newspaper delivery here.

Re-evaluate your plan some I think. There are tons of posts similar to this already. Use the search tool, you'll find lots about what you want to know.
i want to be mangaka, but i still lack of skill and information. therefore, i need to be mangaka assistant for a while to get me knowledge about it. but i think its not enough for the living, so i wanna know about another part time job.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
kcyk8703 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-11-2009, 08:21 AM

I take back my comment about no newspaper delivery service. I saw someone doing it today... at 3pm? If you want to be making a living out of being a mangaka, you need to be an incredible story writer, good if not great illustrator, and fluent in Japanese. Probably some more points Im missing but Im sure you get the idea. If you're taking on the challenge, be aware of what you're up against. Best of luck, be sure you have the Ambition and take initiative.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
JF Regular

06-11-2009, 09:31 AM

r u japanese kcky?
well, im planning to learn there, but doing the real manga might be there or my country