JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   I'm Livin in Tokyo, Japan now and for the next 4 months (https://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/27398-im-livin-tokyo-japan-now-next-4-months.html)

Jnekolove19 08-27-2009 10:28 PM

I'm Livin in Tokyo, Japan now and for the next 4 months

Hey, everyone I had a thread going from before I got to Japan and now that I'm here I'm starting a new one, I hope to be able to post every once in a while about what going on and what I've learnt while living here.
Just a few facts:
I'm living in Tokyo and I'm a college student

GTJ 08-28-2009 01:17 AM

Guess I missed the last thread.

...so...what, you're studying abroad?

Jnekolove19 08-28-2009 12:05 PM

My first shopping experience was soo cool i'm livin in Jiyugaoka, and we walked to a store it was kind of cool to carry everything back (but also kinda heavy) :-D It's amazing to see how many stores there are. :-)

Also had orientation today, found out I've got so much more paper work to still do.

Oh and I'm a history major

trunker 08-28-2009 12:10 PM

lucky you, atleast with jyugaoka you'll never get on the wrong train at shibuya, then have to back track to naka-meguro to jump on another train to get to toristu-daigaku where your hosts are waiting for you for your first dinner with them.

:P

Jnekolove19 08-30-2009 09:02 AM

Harajuku is crazy but I love it. The stores have the coolest stuff and the Crepes are soooo delicious, well so is all the food :-D I'm still amazed at the number of people.

GTJ 08-30-2009 09:33 AM

Wow, your semester started early. The university I went to here in Osaka doesn't get the ryuugakusei until next week, and classes don't even start till the week after that!

Staying with a host family?
Also, since you're in Tokyo, are all the stereotypes about the different areas and their fashion (Haraujuku punks, Shibuya fashonistas, Akihabara T-Shirts, Bandanas, and Glasses) true?

Jnekolove19 08-30-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTJ (Post 766381)
Wow, your semester started early. The university I went to here in Osaka doesn't get the ryuugakusei until next week, and classes don't even start till the week after that!

Staying with a host family?
Also, since you're in Tokyo, are all the stereotypes about the different areas and their fashion (Haraujuku punks, Shibuya fashonistas, Akihabara T-Shirts, Bandanas, and Glasses) true?

Hey nope i'm not staying with a host family I'm staying in an appartment. Yeah classes start today but I'm kinda a school person so I don't mind.
Not to sure about all the areas, I haven't been to them all, but there seems to be a variety of fashions all over; yeah you may see a few more in certain areas but overall its really diverse.

Jnekolove19 09-01-2009 04:06 AM

My first trip to Shinjuku and I get lost *laughs at self* but it worked out ok I was looking for a book store and found it after asking three different people which way to go. Considering I got lost trying to get out of the station tells you how well I am with directions. It was definitely an adventure, an interesting and overall fun adventure. :-D

Firebird 09-01-2009 05:52 AM

You dont have to be bad with directions to get lost around Shinjuku station. Without a map its hard to get Orientation. Shinjuku is far the worst in Tokyo (in terms of getting lost) as it is the biggest Station.

Jnekolove19 09-01-2009 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firebird (Post 766915)
You dont have to be bad with directions to get lost around Shinjuku station. Without a map its hard to get Orientation. Shinjuku is far the worst in Tokyo (in terms of getting lost) as it is the biggest Station.

thanks, i didn't know it was the biggest, that kinda makes me feel not so silly I guess. :-)