JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
trunker (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-15-2009, 01:21 AM

thats quite a cool site and yeah i'll try and post something.

i'm sure you can do it yourself, but i thought you might be doing a whole house so you would be looking for a designer. my mistake.

the pictures rafif put up are very good and should give you a feel for what you are after.

i think apart from the wood work, pay attention to the colour scheme. not the actual colours themselves but the ratio of light to dark colours, so if you look at the pictures, you'll see the structural things are the darkest, and it all gets lighter from that.

tatami will probably be much too expensive and since you already have nice wood floors i dont see the point of tatami unless you really want them. you could put a nice rug down, then get a low table and cushions, and the rest can be work on the walls and ceilings of the room.

something like fake timber over the existing columns and beams, maybe wood ceiling, stuff like that.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Heru (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-15-2009, 03:06 AM

I really do like the Japanese style houses and rooms I'm seeing in this topic.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
mamamam (Offline)
New to JF

09-15-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunker View Post
thats quite a cool site and yeah i'll try and post something.

i'm sure you can do it yourself, but i thought you might be doing a whole house so you would be looking for a designer. my mistake.

the pictures rafif put up are very good and should give you a feel for what you are after.

i think apart from the wood work, pay attention to the colour scheme. not the actual colours themselves but the ratio of light to dark colours, so if you look at the pictures, you'll see the structural things are the darkest, and it all gets lighter from that.

tatami will probably be much too expensive and since you already have nice wood floors i dont see the point of tatami unless you really want them. you could put a nice rug down, then get a low table and cushions, and the rest can be work on the walls and ceilings of the room.

something like fake timber over the existing columns and beams, maybe wood ceiling, stuff like that.

Thank you very much Trunker, it´s worth to hear from anybody native. But anyway, since the house will be totally new i have to think also about the floors, do you know the approximate price per square meter of tatami floor?
Looking forward to see you at SeeMyLiving.

Thank you

Regards

Robert
(#14 (permalink))
Old
TalnSG (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to TalnSG
09-15-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafif View Post
Here you keep a western touch with a Japanese one in the same place

This is a good solution for what I encountered when I remade my dining room to fit my Japanese tastes. I didn't think about the fact that while my closest friends are of Asian descent, they have been very westernized and definitely prefered the western style dining table and chairs. I still have both in separate rooms, but most people gravitate to the chairs, so give some thought to who else might need to be accomodated.

Only an open mind and open heart can be filled with life.
Find your voice; silence will not protect you.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
rafif (Offline)
Moon light

09-17-2009, 04:28 PM

Konnichiwa,

I'm so sorry for being late but a little bit buzy excuse me.

I promised to post some North African pictures of buildings here they are

In Morocco buildings have a sense of tradition they seem like casles of Ala Din and Sindibad

These are living rooms enjoy we call them Les salons Marocain

Ashhado ana la Ilaha ila Allah w ana Mohammad rasoul Allah

(#16 (permalink))
Old
rafif (Offline)
Moon light

09-17-2009, 04:35 PM

Ashhado ana la Ilaha ila Allah w ana Mohammad rasoul Allah

(#17 (permalink))
Old
mamamam (Offline)
New to JF

09-25-2009, 11:56 PM

Oh, this is really a piece of tradition, nothing which you would use for everyday life, i love the decorative way of thinking. It would definitely win the contest at SeeMyLiving - Current contest. By the way, why don´t you upload it there? Thank you for your enthusiasm, this is really inspirative. Cheers Robert.