JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
tiggarts (Offline)
New to JF

Studying in Japan (University) - 09-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Hi everyone,

I am going to study in Japan under the monbukagakusho scholarship in either Chiba Univ or Waseda Univ in the field of Informatics (for master degree). But I don't know which one to choose.

So if anyone have studied in either university I will appreciate if he(or she) can give me some advices.

Finally I have one more question it is about Waseda Univ but first let me tell you the procedure to enroll in Japanese Univ as monbukagakusho scholarship recipient :
I am planning to come to Japan in 1st of April 2010, and as I understand I should first enroll as a research student for six month then take the entrance exam and passed to became a master's degree student.
now the problem :
In Waseda Univ they don't have the status of a research student they only have a one-term non-degree student. I asked the University about this thing and they told me that for waseda is the same thing (research student = one-term non-degree student ) but I am still a little bit afraid, I just want to ask if there is anyone had studied in Wasead Univ under the monbukagakusho scholarship for advices. Also I want to know if it is the same for MEXT .

Sorry for this long post but I am really waiting for your respond
Thanx in advance