JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Living in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/)
-   -   Japanese Language Proficiency Test (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/living-japan/2895-japanese-language-proficiency-test.html)

lionheart 03-08-2007 01:39 PM

Japanese Language Proficiency Test

If I pass level I, will that allow me to have a business job in Japan? Also where could I find study materials for the test?

annelie82 03-11-2007 06:28 PM

Your local bookshop and/or library might have the materials you need. Better, if you live near a university or college that allows public access to their library facilities you might find what you need there (they might even have Japanese lessons on their curriculum).
I'm not sure how much Japanese you need to know in order to have a business job in Japan, but my guess is that you'd need to be pretty fluent as well as familiarised with the writing system (unless you'll be working in a place where English is the main medium of communication?).

~annelie

jasonbvr 03-12-2007 12:43 AM

Basically you will need a level two or greater to work in a Japanese firm unless it says otherwise. The JLPT will open a lot of doors for you in Japan. I don't remember who makes them, but there are practice tests out there somewhere. I don't know where you live, but your best bet may be Amazon or some other online retailer. If you were really desperate, I could buy the books here and ship them to you. That however would cost an arm and a leg seeing how shipping anything that weighs a decent amount and needs to be boxed gets pricey in JP.

moocow49 03-12-2007 07:34 PM

Question about the test? Where can it be taken and when? How much does it cost?

moocow49 03-12-2007 07:38 PM

This site has many resources for learning Japanese, and tells you what you'll need to know about each test level and gives some practice.

www.thejapanesepage.come

82riceballs 05-17-2007 10:04 PM

practice tests

go to this sites to find practice tests

kitsune001 Profile, kitsune001 Details - FileFront.com

kitsune001 uploaded practice tests for ppl like us!

Xlll 05-18-2007 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasonbvr (Post 64405)
Basically you will need a level two or greater to work in a Japanese firm unless it says otherwise. The JLPT will open a lot of doors for you in Japan. I don't remember who makes them, but there are practice tests out there somewhere. I don't know where you live, but your best bet may be Amazon or some other online retailer. If you were really desperate, I could buy the books here and ship them to you. That however would cost an arm and a leg seeing how shipping anything that weighs a decent amount and needs to be boxed gets pricey in JP.

If you don't mind Jason, I wouldn't mind taking up that offer you mentioned.

jasonbvr 05-18-2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xlll (Post 130145)
If you don't mind Jason, I wouldn't mind taking up that offer you mentioned.

I just checked and amazon.com has level 1 and 2 practice questions. You might want to search for 3 and 4 to start with, but search online first because there is no need to pay over a hundred dollars for a twenty dollar book. Just google Japanese language proficiency practice test level 3 or 4 and see what comes up. Surely you will find something.