JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
lionheart (Offline)
New to JF

Japanese Language Proficiency Test - 03-08-2007, 01:39 PM

If I pass level I, will that allow me to have a business job in Japan? Also where could I find study materials for the test?
(#2 (permalink))
Old
annelie82 (Offline)
Zzzz...zzz.....zz...

03-11-2007, 06:28 PM

Your local bookshop and/or library might have the materials you need. Better, if you live near a university or college that allows public access to their library facilities you might find what you need there (they might even have Japanese lessons on their curriculum).
I'm not sure how much Japanese you need to know in order to have a business job in Japan, but my guess is that you'd need to be pretty fluent as well as familiarised with the writing system (unless you'll be working in a place where English is the main medium of communication?).

~annelie

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." -from the film Coach Carter
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

03-12-2007, 12:43 AM

Basically you will need a level two or greater to work in a Japanese firm unless it says otherwise. The JLPT will open a lot of doors for you in Japan. I don't remember who makes them, but there are practice tests out there somewhere. I don't know where you live, but your best bet may be Amazon or some other online retailer. If you were really desperate, I could buy the books here and ship them to you. That however would cost an arm and a leg seeing how shipping anything that weighs a decent amount and needs to be boxed gets pricey in JP.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-12-2007, 07:34 PM

Question about the test? Where can it be taken and when? How much does it cost?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
moocow49 (Offline)
Banned

03-12-2007, 07:38 PM

This site has many resources for learning Japanese, and tells you what you'll need to know about each test level and gives some practice.

www.thejapanesepage.come
(#6 (permalink))
Old
82riceballs (Offline)
JF Old Timer

practice tests - 05-17-2007, 10:04 PM

go to this sites to find practice tests

kitsune001 Profile, kitsune001 Details - FileFront.com

kitsune001 uploaded practice tests for ppl like us!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Xlll (Offline)
JF Regular

05-18-2007, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
Basically you will need a level two or greater to work in a Japanese firm unless it says otherwise. The JLPT will open a lot of doors for you in Japan. I don't remember who makes them, but there are practice tests out there somewhere. I don't know where you live, but your best bet may be Amazon or some other online retailer. If you were really desperate, I could buy the books here and ship them to you. That however would cost an arm and a leg seeing how shipping anything that weighs a decent amount and needs to be boxed gets pricey in JP.

If you don't mind Jason, I wouldn't mind taking up that offer you mentioned.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

05-18-2007, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xlll View Post
If you don't mind Jason, I wouldn't mind taking up that offer you mentioned.
I just checked and amazon.com has level 1 and 2 practice questions. You might want to search for 3 and 4 to start with, but search online first because there is no need to pay over a hundred dollars for a twenty dollar book. Just google Japanese language proficiency practice test level 3 or 4 and see what comes up. Surely you will find something.